Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Higher Upload Than Download On Bittorrent

Dont let bittorent untilise all your upload as it does affect your download, my upload is 128kb/16KB if you consider protacol overheads 10 -15 % and your isp bandwidth i have about 12 to 14 KB to play with.

Using http://www.netlimiter.com i set it to around 9 - 12KB upload limit and find downloads speeds alot faster

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    I had the same problem for a long time. Turned out to be my ISP's fault.
    This free bandwidth test can tell you what your potential upload/download speeds are: http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest
    It's pretty accurate.

This is another reason why I LOVE Bittorent 3.3
    It shows in mb how much you've uploaded and downloaded, so I know for sure if I've given enough back to the community. Because of my good speeds, I always give more than I've taken.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    im getting an average or 0KB/s DL and 8KB/s upload. I have a slow cable(or dsl) connection which normally gives me an average of 6 KB/s dl.
    this really sucks

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Same here downloading a game. Connection is a slow dsl but the downloadspeed won't go over 6 KB/s while uploads go over 19KB/s.
    Let the computer stay on all night but it hasn't increased my downloadspeed. On the contrary; uploads went even faster and download freezed.
    But then again, if I really want to have the game as fast as possible, then I should buy it.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking@9 November 2003 - 03:17
    Dont let bittorent untilise all your upload as it does affect your download, my upload is 128kb/16KB if you consider protacol overheads 10 -15 % and your isp bandwidth i have about 12 to 14 KB to play with.

Using http://www.netlimiter.com i set it to around 9 - 12KB upload limit and find downloads speeds alot faster
    tried it. doesnt do much for me. Infact it seems like the downloads stop altogather

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    its normal, as there might be more leechers than seeders.hence u might have a bit of data many dont have.hence the higher upload.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    hello depends on person adittued , what they expected

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    well, i usually download 200kbs and even more
    but usually dont upload more than 30 kbs
    and believe me I WISH i could upload faster than i download, id have PU everywhere now!
    though if u r uploading faster than you download, and the dl speed is >150
    then you shoud try downloading from a different place cuz downloading 15kbs and uploading 20 for an example sux.
    it usually happens when you dl rare files from public trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    The less seeder to leecher ratio there is... the slower the overall speeds will be. Since there are not enough people feeding the swarm many times.
    Alot of times when people choke their bw, they are not giving out the peices they should be to help the swarm speeds grow. Ex: You get peice a and peice b and your sending 3k and getting 300k. Bob comes into the swarm and wants peice a and b but your only sending him 3k. If everyone chokes their outgoing bw its ussually worse off for the swarm. Especially if the uploader has his client set to super seed mode.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    This thread is from 2003!?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast