Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLAC Music Sites

Member BT Rep: +1
    I love Music (in FLAC), and am currently using What/Waffles to download most of it - What has like 200,000 flac torrents.

However I have been told Pedro's is the best music site for FLAC...I am wondering if its actually any better than What.cd and is it worth having both? Anyone here who has both let me know

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Pedro's is a nice complement. It does have some albums not on What, but those are few and far in between. The quality is assuredly higher, but the number of FLAC torrents on What.cd dwarfs the ones on P's (to also be fair, though; the number of "perfect" FLAC's on What isn't as high as the number of FLAC torrents).

P's isn't a place to rely on solely for your music needs, but if you need a nice place to go to with perfect rips, nice scans, and if you're into jazz and rock, it's hard to beat P's.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    "perfect" FLAC?.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Ok Darth Rings, good to know - thanks for your reply. Ill definately be looking out for an invite

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by slocker View Post
    "perfect" FLAC?.
    Lol, that's based on the settings and application it's ripped in. Someone decided on 'perfect' settings, and to make a 'perfect' FLAC you must replicate those settings.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    "perfect" FLAC?.
    Lol, that's based on the settings and application it's ripped in. Someone decided on 'perfect' settings, and to make a 'perfect' FLAC you must replicate those settings.
    what settings?.it's supposed to be loos-less right?.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I don't know what loos-less is, but you can find the answer to your other question here.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The perfection refers to the fact that you can use the resulting FLAC files to burn a bit-for-bit exact copy of the retail CD back to a CD-R. You can try it yourself, if you rip a CD properly in EAC (or download a rip), burn it to a disc, and then rip that CD in EAC, the CRC values for each track will match precisely.

"Higher quality" also means a unified tagging and filenaming scheme, and often full artwork with the rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Will2 View Post
    I love Music (in FLAC), and am currently using What/Waffles to download most of it - What has like 200,000 flac torrents.
    So do you love music in general or only in FLAC ?
    If only in FLAC then could I have your concert tickets and your radio?
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EgyUp View Post
    Nic Topic
    For fuck's sake, don't start with that again.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast