Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longhorn...

@KazaaBoy

Read this.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    note that Windows already comes with a web-browser, a text editor, a media player, a chat program & file exchange program, an email client, and a few other programs that other companies would be glad to charge you separately for? do you want Microsoft to strip all of these things out, so that all you have is an operating system? i doubt you'd enjoy it very much.

and MS are not just an OS publisher-- they are a computer software publisher in general. i think you're trying to slant the conversation by accusing MS of "attacking" Macromedia just for introducing their own graphics products. are Macromedia guilty of "attacking" Adobe, who've been around with their web & graphics programs a heck of a lot longer than Macromedia, just for publishing programs that compete with Adobe products?

sure, it's monopolistic for Microsoft to pack free programs in with the OS so that there's no need for third-party ones. but all those other companies have to do is make programs that are SUPERIOR to MS programs-- if they can't do that, then maybe they need to switch gears toward something else. personally i wouldn't mind if Windows came with more high-quality programs integrated-- if MS would do something about plugging the security holes in Outlook once-and-for-all, and if they'd include a decent FTP client instead of trying to make IE double as a crappy FTP browser, i'd be totally happy about that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    Thanks Johnny_B for clearing that up

i think you're trying to slant the conversation by accusing MS of "attacking" Macromedia just for introducing their own graphics products. are Macromedia guilty of "attacking" Adobe, who've been around with their web & graphics programs a heck of a lot longer than Macromedia, just for publishing programs that compete with Adobe products?
    Other then just defending Micro$oft, name a graphics software that they made that can compete with Adobe Products

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    your phrasing is confusing.

and that article you put in the first post would've made for an interesting thread, if you actually knew WTF you were talking about instead of going off on some crazy tangent. get back on the prozac already.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@8 November 2003 - 13:49
    If it's an OP system, why are they attacking Macromedia products?  If they want to make an OP system then they should foucs on the OP system instead of adding a graphics tool.

@ SHN
    You didn't need to quote me to make the thread longer 
    @boywhodoesnothaveaclue
    Actually had you thought about your topic before you started it then people wouldnt have had to correct your misleading and incorrect statement about longhorn.

I make the thread longer? You just started a topic not knowing what the hell you were talking about. Sounds like more of a waste than mine.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    btw its OS not OP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    I preferr RP to OP, but if you play your cards right you can turn OP into RP
    just got to have game

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    @ 3RA1N1AC and SHN (shit head nit-wit)

Why is it that every one is correcting me and both of you are acting like low life degenerets who love to make trouble for people. Have you never been corrected?

@ 3RA1N1AC
    Before you start swearing at me you better think twice if you think I am gonna have it from people like you so shut the F*** up and f*** off

shn (shit head nit-wit) if you're gonna give me a stupid attitude like 3RA1N1AC I am gonna give you one back

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    you're the one with the attitude.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    What attitude is that? Please point it out because if I remember correctly it was you who swore at me and insulted me first

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast