Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longhorn...

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@8 November 2003 - 22:58
    note that Windows already comes with a web-browser, a text editor, a media player, a chat program & file exchange program, an email client, and a few other programs that other companies would be glad to charge you separately for? do you want Microsoft to strip all of these things out, so that all you have is an operating system? i doubt you'd enjoy it very much.

and MS are not just an OS publisher-- they are a computer software publisher in general. i think you're trying to slant the conversation by accusing MS of "attacking" Macromedia just for introducing their own graphics products. are Macromedia guilty of "attacking" Adobe, who've been around with their web & graphics programs a heck of a lot longer than Macromedia, just for publishing programs that compete with Adobe products?

sure, it's monopolistic for Microsoft to pack free programs in with the OS so that there's no need for third-party ones. but all those other companies have to do is make programs that are SUPERIOR to MS programs-- if they can't do that, then maybe they need to switch gears toward something else. personally i wouldn't mind if Windows came with more high-quality programs integrated-- if MS would do something about plugging the security holes in Outlook once-and-for-all, and if they'd include a decent FTP client instead of trying to make IE double as a crappy FTP browser, i'd be totally happy about that.
    so we have 2 pay more, to get things we might not want (all i want is an OS, hell i even h8 IE)........ and then we cant get rid of the programs we dont wanna use.......

ne1 noticed how impossible it is 2 get rid of certain progs like IE, Win Msg, Outlook and all that other crap???
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by Storm@9 November 2003 - 02:48
    ne1 noticed how impossible it is 2 get rid of certain progs like IE, Win Msg, Outlook and all that other crap???
    Don't forget Windows Media Player 9.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Actually they don't think of those "codenames" they have actually stolen them for a huge snow/ski mountain area they took the names from the mountain names were those rich bitches stay for example whistler etc . . damn I hope that place sues them for using copyrighted names .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@8 November 2003 - 18:45
    What attitude is that? Please point it out because if I remember correctly it was you who swore at me and insulted me first
    your remark about defending "Micro$oft" had attitude written all over it. you're one of those people whose first instinct when MS creates a program is to think that they're "attacking" someone, and your first instinct when someone disagrees with you is to accuse them of defending MS as if they're drooling braindead M1CR0$$$H4FT fanboyz. that's exactly the sort of crap that teenagers have polluted countless forums with.

implying that someone is a fanboy just for disagreeing with you is an insult. y'all just haters.

when people go off with crazy Mac-bashing threads, i say "Macs aren't so bad, OSX is actually really good," and right away i get accused of being an Apple fanboy. when people go off with crazy Playstation-bashing threads about how Xbox is so much better because it's got leet graphics, i say "graphics aren't everything," and right away i get accused of being a Sony fanboy.

"defending Micro$oft." get outta my face with that. if you use Windows and you depend on things like DirectX, you can really get outta my face with that. okay, i'm done with this sorry thread.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@8 November 2003 - 22:58
    note that Windows already comes with a web-browser, a text editor, a media player, a chat program & file exchange program, an email client, and a few other programs that other companies would be glad to charge you separately for? do you want Microsoft to strip all of these things out, so that all you have is an operating system?
    Fuck yes!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Hi KazaaBoy

Longhorn is an OS, just because they're adding new features doesn't change that. If adding new features mean's it's no longer an OS, then your saying that everything from the first ever Windows upto Windows XP aren't OS's (they added a firewall into XP so does that mean that XP is not an OS anymore and instead is now just a firewall?, and also that they've got something against companies who have made firewall's?

I seriously doubt that M$ has anything against Macromedia, and I doubt that their own flash type features will be anywhere near as good as Macromedia's.

I still can't see where your getting the impression that Longhorn is not an OS from that article, if you could clear that up then i'm sure everyone involved in this thread will see where your coming from and be able to explaine where they're coming from too :-)

Sniper.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    in english?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@8 November 2003 - 19:35
    @ 3RA1N1AC and SHN (shit head nit-wit)   

Why is it that every one is correcting me and both of you are acting like low life degenerets who love to make trouble for people.  Have you never been corrected? 

@ 3RA1N1AC
    Before you start swearing at me you better think twice if you think I am gonna have it from people like you    so shut the F*** up and f*** off

shn (shit head nit-wit)  if you're gonna give me a stupid attitude like 3RA1N1AC I am gonna give you one back 
    "Cant we all just get along?"

No really, calm down kazaa boy. Its really not that serious to be getting all rouled up. I apologize if I offended you.

And yes Ive been corrected before. And Im sure out of all my post on this forum Ive posted something incorrect like you did without fully knowing the facts. But thats ok because were all human and make mistakes. The key is to keep your cool and not go postal on the people that tell you that thats not correct. You know, good people skills. Which if I may add I really dont have myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123