Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacked torrent sites info

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    wtf are these?
    A list of super-cool pirates. The MPAA and RIAA use it to determine who should get the most copyright infringement letters.
    thanks for the serious answer

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slocker View Post

I could copy the userbase of any high-level site and make it public.Big deal.
    Difference is these were usernames, email addresses and hashes along with the users IP.
    Only a problem if you use the same pass elsewhere.

Use a differnet PW on every site and they can collect all the lists/db's they want.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    thanks for the serious answer
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Only a problem if you use the same pass elsewhere.

Use a differnet PW on every site and they can collect all the lists/db's they want.
    What about your IP and e-mail address? Would you be OK with anyone being able to get that information?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Link don't work anymores. I was gonna see if I made the list, lol. The Chief ALWAYS uses different passwords on all sites. I learned many tricks on evasion while I spent a few years with some tribes in the south-eastern amazon forests. But somehow, I guess I missed that scene notice when it came out.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    lol.. weak sites.
    lol

I LOVE Canada

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Which means those sites suck....
    In case you weren't aware... MOST private sites have had their databases hacked over the years.
    FST, SCC, FTN, SCT, F*C, TL to name just a few of the more common names you might recognize over the years.

Does your comment pertain to the above mentioned sites as well?
    I can honestly think of maybe 5 if that, that have been around for > 3 yrs and haven't had their databases hacked.
    Last edited by Pwner101; 02-16-2011 at 10:59 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    What about your IP and e-mail address? Would you be OK with anyone being able to get that information?
    One shouldn't sign up with a private e-mail-addy. I see no problem with a 'fake', 'disposable' e-mail addy out in the open.

IP ... only a liability if not using VPN or the likes. If you don't use VPN it could be a risk if the tracker got hacked and the db were to fall in the hands of the authorities etc ... but I guess they are already harvesting IP's on every tracker as we speak.

The chance of getting picked out is an acceptable risk, otherwise one shouldn't use P2P in the first place.
    Last edited by Disme; 02-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    One shouldn't sign up with a private e-mail-addy. I see no problem with a 'fake', 'disposable' e-mail addy out in the open.
    Some tracker staff do, and will disable your account for using a disposable address. Even if besides "the e-mail address must be VALID" (and technically, disposable addresses are), it doesn't say it's forbidden anywhere in the rules.

IP ... only a liability if not using VPN or the likes.
    Most people are not. But then again, the copyright agencies can't go after all of them. For a mid-large tracker that'd consume a huge amount of time and resources.

The chance of getting picked out is an acceptable risk, otherwise one shouldn't use P2P in the first place.
    That's true.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123