Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Irc Leeching

hey venom the resume tip was good but i stopped reading when i got to the timer part. good tip on how to do it since i was wondering. But don't most rooms ban you for setting timers on the bot. this is the same thing right? i'm certain i can find channels that don't ban for timers. this should most definately be added to that irc thread from krackhead.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes IRC is for leeching then we spread it too other p2ps

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    I'm glad you liked it

Jay - maybe we don't have the same mIRC version - I have 6.12 and it's right where the guide says: tools -> options -> connect -> options (you have to click the little '+&#39 -> the perform button is there

slick nick - well like i said i never got banned for it but if a chan says in the topic "no timers" or some such (and I saw at least one chan that said) i guess it could be a little dangerous. If you read the part about the timers, you can see everything is done there to bother the bot as little as possible - this is done by using reasonbale intervals, stopping the timer when it's not needed anymore etc

RE adding this to the newbie guide.. we've tried that before but ppl got confused so i think I'll ask Krackhead to simply add a link to here

hf

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    thank you for the guide, I read the entire guide and I'm going to use it for my downloads from now on.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    nice work mate

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Good looking guide filled with lots of great info.. though, not all accurate/necessary. Regarding XDCC bots, get XDCC Klipper, its a small script which does requesting, resuming and get on que functions of all bots on a particular channel. Why write lines of code, when tons of scripts have been written to do it for you?

On another note, I know of no such 'bug' for using WinRAR with TAR files. I download 4.3 GB TAR files for DVD-Rs and have had no corruption errors to speak of. There could be a published bug of sorts, though I have had NO problems using winRAR, and I highly recommend it to the users here.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    internet.news
    thanks for sharing this tutorial - If I will begin IRC some time
    I will need it

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    thanks for the positive input all

Jibbler -

a) as the last paragraph says:
    there exist scripts/programs meant for downloading off xdcc's that have similar features I believe - they go by names like "bottler" "xdcc catcher" and some others. The problem with them is that all the chans HATE them and if they detect you're using such a script - perm ban, goodbye. And they have ways to know.
    you could use scripts, but it's always a risk. also, the only code you have to put in is some 2 odd timers.. a matter of seconds in any case, so there's not a whole lot to argue about anyway B)

B) it might depend on the file itself and SOME tars would only work in winzip. maybe. maybe it was fixed in the latest winrar version, i can't remember what ver i had when i couldnt open that tar.. in any case, this is again a moot point. winrar has no advantages over winzip in opening tar files so there is no reason why not to use winzip for that task. I'll edit the guide however and delete the bit about winrar not supporting it well (and replace it with a mere recommendation)- just in case they have fixed it and the information i gave was not accurate, which, by what you're saying might very well be the case

please, feel free to address any other part of the guide you feel need adjusting

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    Poster
    good guide though i canyt be bothered to read it all or use it

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    yeah....i'll try out this irc thing after finals....which is after next week.....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast