Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Irc Leeching

nice guide---read most of it--i agree with jibbler though, why be bothered taking up an hour doing all that when theres a million scripts to do it for you? and iv never had a problem with any script.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    writing "/timer -o 0 300 /msg xdccbot xdcc send #1" takes hours ?

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    Thanks a lot man, now I can be a little more l33t than my friends

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    Great guide! I wish I had seen it before I figured everything out by myself. I just have to note, though, that one part of your script is potentially problematic. Specifically:

Code:
    On *:GETFAIL:*: {
      btrunc $filename $iif($calc($file($filename).size - 102400 ) > 0, $ifmatch, 0)
    }
    This doesn't provide any allowances for long filenames. For instance, I got that script from the "incomplete" website, and I started using it. I found it didn't seem to work at all, and for the longest time I didn't know why. I also noticed around that time, though I didn't associate it immediately, that when I started Windows XP, it gave me a message about having a file called "Program" in the root of C drive, and that it could cause problems with programs. Whenever that message came up, some of my startup programs didn't load, and some other things didn't work.

I kept deleting the file, but it kept showing up. I couldn't figure out when it was showing up, so I didn't know how to fix it. One day, I decided to finally ask someone how to fix the rollback script since it didn't seem to be working. After talking with some people, they figured out that the "$filename" part of the script wouldn't handle long filenames. And sure enough, with testing, I found that when it runs the "btrunc" command with a long filename without quotes, it cut the filename off at the first space. So "C:\Program Files\Mirc\Download\blahblah.divx.movie.avi" became "C:\Program". So that was when I found out where that "program" file was coming from.

So the guy showed me how to correct the script, and I thought I would post it here for anybody that keeps the default download directory for mIRC. The corrected script is:

Code:
    On *:GETFAIL:*: {
      btrunc $+(",$filename,") $iif($calc($file($filename).size - 102400 ) > 0, $ifmatch, 0)
    }
    The $+(",$filename,") part puts quotes around the filename, so it retains the spaces. It works great, and I no longer have corrupted downloads.

Stephen

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Great guide venom_il, glad to finally see it pinned! B)

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    hey what do you know, cool B)

stupendo44 - thanks for the fix. i'll test it soon and upadte the guide

krack - 10x !

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    about timer 6, is there any way that timer auto shutdown when ur in qeuie?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    I suppose there is a way, I just don't know it

probably involves scripting - you might want to try and ask at mirc.com forums ?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    sorry but i cant take it any more, Fuck this Guide, No corruption
    i was downloading ROTK its was 2Gb as usuall before finishing Bot went offline and becuz of u guyz that saing no corruption i continue that download with another BOT and Guess wat after waiting for more then 24Hrs i got corrupted file

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    bawa, bawa ...

we told you numerous times, never resume from another bot

you will almost positively get corruptions

RTFG - read the... fine... guide
    it instructs you to download from the *same* bot ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast