Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Find Out...

auxillary processes relating to applications that aren't in use, typically. monitors, schedulers, auto-updaters, "agents," quick-launchers, "i'm just gonna hang out here in the systray and occupy some of the system memory & occasionally crash or conflict with other programs"-ers, etc.

i'm sure you've seen plenty of programs that come with them activated by default, when they're completely unnecessary. most of them can be turned off with zero effect to the proper functioning of the program, but still software companies insist on including them anyway just for the heck of it.

4 or 5 is not meant to be an exact figure-- a lot of active programs create systray icons. but whenever i see people's desktop screenshots, they've only got a copy of ICQ/AIM and photoshop running but they've got like 10 or 12 icons in the systray, i just think "sheesh, what a mess!"

oh, and my initial comment wasn't meant to be serious. i'm sure Sandra is a pretty harmless program.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Sisandra doesn't put anything in your systray or your start up, I've got it installed on my system along with Adia32. You can never have too many information programs. Sisandra gives some benchmarks too, so you can test your system and see if its up to snuff.

I like both, but Adia32, is probably my favorite, I use it more the information then the rest, I like the way it gives you links to driver downloads.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    like i said, i was making a joke. i know Sandra isn't one of "those" programs, k?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@9 November 2003 - 00:26
    like i said, i was making a joke. i know Sandra isn't one of "those" programs, k?
    No.

Now go sit in the corner until we tell you it's okay to come out.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I DIDN'T WANNA JOIN YOUR STUPID CLUB ANYWAY.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Don't make me stop this car young man!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12