Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsedmedia Dedicated 100 mbit unmetered

Did anyone try these ones?

Basically they resell OVH as i understand but i wanted to know
    whether they have "low priority on the "transit". that almost all OVH unmetered servers sold worldwide have except from ovh.com .

I found on their site, i quote,

Our servers have "premium" bandwidth, meaning no prioritization on transit links and provide extremely good value for bandwidth.

So does it mean that they dont have this low priority stuff on their dedicated 100mbit unmetered servers?

Is their support good?What about downtimes? Speed?

TIA
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    The "low priority on transit" really makes no difference (from .uk .fr .ie or whatever). I've not seen any difference between the unmetered and metered, and that comes from over 300 servers (about 1/3rd metered). However, because buying via .fi they actually are not low priority (in theory, in practice I doubt they are doing anything different), and since we are the only .fi company I'm not sure anyone else could comment. Either way, we have some of them doing over 15TB a month upload, even the worst still does 8TB and that is mainly because the users aren't heavy

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanx for your reply: )

I was told that it does affect your speed if its not within EU(on low priority transit) Sometimes quite severely

because buying via .fi
    What do u mean by that? ovh-hosting.fi ? But their unmetered servers do have this low prioruty thing ("Rajoittamaton liikenne peering:llä, matala prioriteetti transit-linkeillä").

15TB a month
    I wouldnt call it very impressive for 100mbit link.
    if you upload your own torrents u can easily beat it if the link allows it.Especially if the content is "heavy" like BD25\50..im not talking about flooding the link with useless data for the sake of flooding, just seeding large releases..

What speed should i expect on well seeded torrents\ seeding myself?

Btw,what about newsgroups? Astrawebs and supernews european servers are in Amsterdam as far as i know. And they are on *-ix / ams1 gbxs. Does OVH have peering with these ones? if im not mistaken they do have it with -ix, not so sure about gbxs

cheers
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-09-2011 at 10:46 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    lol 15TB on 100mbit isn't impressive? keep in mind that is with a bunch of shared users, ie the performance is lower because multiple users sharing. if it was only 1 user it would do 20TB, which is getting pretty close to the limit of what the hardware can do. and for ~55 euro i'm not sure that is anything less than awesome value. i don't know what you expect, but an OVH box will seed the best for this price. if you want to pay 160euro you could go with a leaseweb gbit (100tb traffic, though you'll not use much more than 30TB max due to the hw limitations), though if you are seeding large releases i'd just get 3xovh for the same price and it will do heaps more upload

anyhoo, OVH speed outside of EU can be shit and it doesn't matter if its low priority or not. believe you me, it has been very thoroughly tested. as for .fi, i know it says its low priority but it is OVH, they have stuff wrong left right and center.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    15TB on 100mbit isn't impressive? keep in mind that is with a bunch of shared users, ie the performance is lower because multiple users sharing
    Well, we were talking about dedicated servers so i presumed naturally that what you said concerned a single user server, that's it

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Yea... I guess... but the thread I thought was about the priority aspect, not if it was dedicated or not >_> Anyway, at 4 euro per TB even 'low priority' you won't find much of a better deal under ~200 euro.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    OVH test file: ftp://ftp.ovh.net/test.bin

As Thelen said, speeds to the US etc are just pure shit, so I wouldn't buy an OVH server if I lived there.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    2 Thelen

64.95€
    I just wanted to ask if the price includes VAT
    What's the price without it?
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    At bottom says price EX VAT, so no doesn't include VAT. But you don't pay it unless you are in EU etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast