Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torrent Invites overview.

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnobody View Post
    The thing about high level tracker request thread getting "trolled" is:

You've a lot of people who think they deserve it better than you do, so there's the jealousy factor.

There were/are several newbies who criticized other invite requesters just to look kool , step on other people, make fun of 'em....get invite from longtime FSTers and get the hell out (not mentioning any names, but anyone who has been here for fair time should know couple).

People love to test other people out. They'll ask OP questions, continuously dig up his old posts to see if he contradicts something, and criticizes almost everything he has said whenever they can. Poor OP won't even know these people don't have an invite, even if they do they've probably little to no intention of inviting him. But can you blame these people? OPs are so desperate for an invite that they'll even give an e-blowjob for an invite (again anyone who has been here for a while should know quite a few good ones).
    I really like your break down of the high level invite requests.
    I just briefly summarized my observations, while in reality I could write an entire book on it lol.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The chart sums up the situation well!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I found the "process" to be very helpful when I was new here. Input from more knowledgeable members helped me learn what was acceptable in the community. I believe we are seeing a breakdown of that structure as older members have grown tired, left, or no longer care.

Public trackers are for the masses; private trackers should be for those who care about, and can follow the community's basic rules. Sadly (IMO), private trackers have turned in to public trackers with a doorman.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Constructive trolling, lol. It is true, though. The more filled the thread is with trolling and the better the OP takes the trolling, the more chances he has to get invited. Not that we all don't have a limit, but people who aren't sincere may say something they don't want to faster when answering to trolls, IMO.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12