Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Invites overview.

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    This chart is based on the trends I have seen here since I started my membership.... No judgment on the data, just straight observations. (at this point)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2e0lele.jpg

*note*
    To view either use the direct link above or zoom into the picture above 0.0 lol. I need to fix it so its easier to read. To tired tonight though.

Things to Ponder:
    1) is this the way invites were intended to be distributed via our "invite section"
    2) how could we make this process more efficient
    3) Is this process even possible to change at this point
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-10-2011 at 05:58 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sums it up well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Some one please define "good request"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    sady, there is nothing called good request.
    May be less amount of trolling, good posts count towards attitude of the poster
    Teh n00b.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I give the chart 9/10.. I quite like it.
    As for a good request, I think it's a combination of good requester and good request.. as for the requester, nice reputation in the forum, helped others.. you know
    as for the request, I believe a good explanation why the he/she wants the invite, some lines about themselves, their torrenting history..
    and above all it depends on the person giving the invite.

I LOVE Canada

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    sady, there is nothing called good request.
    May be less amount of trolling, good posts count towards attitude of the poster
    I'd agree with that mostly , that the request made is secondary to the poster making it.
    That is muted in the cases of niche trackers with limited invites where interest/knowledge somewhat supplant friendship. Even then though I'm fairly certain most people would still be more willing to part with an invite to a "friend" than a relative stranger with impeccable "proofs".

Also I don't know if everyone is aware of the fact but sometimes the "trolling" is part of the process of determining whether either request or the person making it are actually genuine . I've seen more than one person "found out " to be not all they appeared to be after a little construction trolling.
    Besides if people here what to turn this site into just a bland ,humourless, heartlessly efficient invite site where all people care about is what they can get out of it then please let me know so I cancel my membership.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    That's an accurate depiction of what goes on at FST.

I'd agree that the person requesting the tracker is far more important than the request itself. Maybe the lack of genuine people on bittorrent communities FST has led to the current status quo.
    Basically, the users at many other sites are members here, they just behave differently (and kindly) knowing there are way less chances they can be tackled as they do here.

I speak for myself, but I know of many other people in the same situation, and I have been invited to every tracker I was interested to join via FST. And no, I wasn't a mod back then, so we can exclude ass kissing from the equation.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Would be perfect if you added something about people who request invites to sites they already have (or have already had) an account on.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Would be perfect if you added something about people who request invites to sites they already have (or have already had) an account on.
    It's generally not a good request then
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 02-10-2011 at 05:46 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    The thing about high level tracker request thread getting "trolled" is:

You've a lot of people who think they deserve it better than you do, so there's the jealousy factor.

There were/are several newbies who criticized other invite requesters just to look kool , step on other people, make fun of 'em....get invite from longtime FSTers and get the hell out (not mentioning any names, but anyone who has been here for fair time should know couple).

People love to test other people out. They'll ask OP questions, continuously dig up his old posts to see if he contradicts something, and criticizes almost everything he has said whenever they can. Poor OP won't even know these people don't have an invite, even if they do they've probably little to no intention of inviting him. But can you blame these people? OPs are so desperate for an invite that they'll even give an e-blowjob for an invite (again anyone who has been here for a while should know quite a few good ones).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast