Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Feel That Console Gaming Is Better Then Pc

Poster
    What I Own

I own the 3 best consoles

PS2
    Xbox
    Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33

I play them all on a 150CM (around 74") TV with a dolby surround 5:1 sound setup. All my consoles are chipped so I can play copies on them.

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming.

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you're ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS's on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You'll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that's not a problem... However 97% of the time, I'll be playing games Single Player, so let's keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around $400... That's the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox! Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I'm correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you'd need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around $2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
    1 gig Ram
    Geforce FX5600
    500GB HD
    LCD Flatron Monitor (which was a big mistake as all the games he plays seem really blurry and have transparent trails)

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he'll only play FPS's on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS's on consoles and have alot of fun. I'm indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC's mainly get FPS's (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can't remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it's voice-activated friendly AI etc.

Console games usually get higher marks then PC games for the ratio of Console games being released in contrast with PC games. Also note that Soul Calibur on Dreamcast got the coveted 10/10 on IGN.com

All the best games I've ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
    GTA 3 and Vice City
    Halo
    Hitman 2
    Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC's but it's getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around $700 wholesale. (PC's are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around $500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it's awesome, however it's just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again!

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC's. If you're going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don't flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you're going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion!
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    I wish people would stop making these stupid ass threads about console VS pc.

Their are hundreds of them and just the other day their were two of them.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    There is alot of Potential for console gaming...

But can't you play MMORPG's on console yet... or many other Multiplay games.

You want to keep this thread just for single play ? Screw that .. its not fair.. Your title says Console "gaming" is better then PC..

Well if your talking "gaming" you HAVE to include multiplayer. Its reality.

Consoles are find and dandy for single player now... But i have this nice powerfull PC right here... Its capable of a much more Exciting "gaming" experence. I can play with my friends and family. I can make new friends...

Multiplayer gaming is our future... Single player gets BORING.. fast.

Where is the challenge ?

Soon consoles will move onto focusing on multiplayer gameing.. They have already started. Untill i can play a MMORPG like everquest 2 or world of warcraft... Consoles will be the underdog.
    Xare
    Unknowncheats.com Moderator
    MPC.DE Moderator

4. Games   -   #4
    you obviously have not seen the merits of clanplay.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    PC's will always be more surperior to consoles...

I never have to worry if my comp won't run my games as it is always up-to-date consoles are shit specially the (Shit-Box) there controlers are fuckn' shit there so big you have to use your whole fist to hit a button. X-box has 1 good game Halo but it soooooooooooo much better on pc graphic wise.

Fuck you console lovers PC will always be that 1 step ahead!

<span style='color:white'>______________________</span><span style='color:white'>______________________</span>

[ eMule Verifieds | Simple Guide Burning Bin/Cue Files | Kazaa Lite Codec Pack ]

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Vamp@8 November 2003 - 22:01
    What I Own

PS2
    Xbox
    Dreamcast (I refuse to buy a gamecube because there are no games on it that appeal to me&#33

I play them all on a 150CM (around 74") TV with a dolby surround 5:1 sound setup. All my consoles are chipped so I can play copies on them.

I also have a relativly good PC, and I honestly say that Console gaming far surpasses PC Gaming.

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you&#39;re ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS&#39;s on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You&#39;ll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that&#39;s not a problem... However 97% of the time, I&#39;ll be playing games Single Player, so let&#39;s keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around &#036;400... That&#39;s the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox&#33; Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I&#39;m correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you&#39;d need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around &#036;2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
    1 gig Ram
    Geforce FX5600
    500GB HD
    LCD Flatron Monitor (which was a big mistake as all the games he plays seem really blurry and have transparent trails)

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he&#39;ll only play FPS&#39;s on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS&#39;s on consoles and have alot of fun. I&#39;m indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC&#39;s mainly get FPS&#39;s (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can&#39;t remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it&#39;s voice-activated friendly AI etc.

Console games usually get higher marks then PC games for the ratio of Console games being released in contrast with PC games. Also note that Soul Calibur on Dreamcast got the coveted 10/10 on IGN.com

All the best games I&#39;ve ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
    GTA 3 and Vice City
    Halo
    Hitman 2
    Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC&#39;s but it&#39;s getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around &#036;700 wholesale. (PC&#39;s are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around &#036;500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it&#39;s awesome, however it&#39;s just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again&#33;

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC&#39;s. If you&#39;re going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don&#39;t flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you&#39;re going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion&#33;
    AMEN :beerchug:

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    See, you&#39;re a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that&#39;s the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can&#39;t then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
    Silent Hill 2
    Hitman 2
    Shenmue
    Dead To Rights
    Fatal Frame

etc.

And by the way, when you play on a 150cm screen, nothing beats those graphics. Ign even gave Halo on PC lower points for graphics then the Xbox version.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can&#39;t stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold&#33; Not you&#33; I&#39;m talking about JoeyIpod, who&#39;s trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn&#39;t have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played&#33;
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Games   -   #8
    Twist3r
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1+9 November 2003 - 00:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stonecoldfreak1 @ 9 November 2003 - 00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@8 November 2003 - 22:01
    What I Own

PS2
    Xbox

Why?

With console games you just pop the CD into your system and you&#39;re ready to play without having to install and without having to pray to God that the game will run nicely.

I prefer playing FPS&#39;s on consoles with the Controllers to playing with a Keyboard and Mouse...With Halo on Xbox, my thumbs adapt easily to the controls while on PC I find it more harder to play. (maybe because there is a shorter distance between keys on a controller then on a keyboard.)

The graphics for PS2 and Xbox on my TV are much crisper and clearer then what I can get on a 17" PC monitor (especially on Xbox) where games like Splinter Cell and Halo are far superior to the graphics on the PC version. You&#39;ll never, ever have to worry about upgrading your console to be able to play a single game or worry about hardware drivers etc, until 3 or 4 years after the latest console is released, when a new one comes out.

With split-screen multiplayer on my TV, when playing a 2 person game each person has a screen the size of a PC monitor, so that&#39;s not a problem... However 97% of the time, I&#39;ll be playing games Single Player, so let&#39;s keep this thread to just that. No Multiplayer talk.

a Geforce FX5900 costs around &#036;400... That&#39;s the hardware alot of people say is superior to both the Xbox and PS2 graphical power, however those people forget that with that money, you can get both a PS2 and Xbox&#33; Plus, seeing as consoles are made specifically for games and use their resources for nothing else, one cannot compare Console specs with PC specs. The Xbox has a 64MB 3D Card if I&#39;m correct, however that plays games like Halo incredibly smoothly, while if you were to play that on a PC on high settings you&#39;d need a 128MB card at least.

My friend spent around &#036;2000 buying a:

P4 3.2GHZ
    1 gig Ram
    Geforce FX5600
    500GB HD

He is perhaps the biggest gamer I know, he owns 4 consoles (same like mine + Gamecube) and over 200 games for each, around 476 for PS2. He agrees that he prefers Console gaming because there are more experimental and original games that come out for them... However he says he&#39;ll only play FPS&#39;s on PC (Halo was an exception) I on the other hand, can play FPS&#39;s on consoles and have alot of fun. I&#39;m indifferent to using a Keyboard and Mouse or a Controller. He is also right about the games... PC&#39;s mainly get FPS&#39;s (65%) Third Person Action/Adventure and RTS, with the odd Sports game here and there. I admit that Strategy is bad on consoles, except for Gladius, which is supposed to be quite good.

Consoles also come out first with more original games... L.A True Crimes, Cookies and Milk, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Silent Hill 2, This game where you draw your characters and the system places them into the game as a 3D, playable model, can&#39;t remember the name of the game though, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, Splinter Cell, Head-Hunter, Shenmu and Socom with it&#39;s voice-activated friendly AI etc.

All the best games I&#39;ve ever played appeared first on consoles before being ported to PC... And the console versions are still better.

Metal Gear Solid 2
    GTA 3 and Vice City
    Halo
    Hitman 2
    Silent Hill 2

Etc.

Onto Mods... Alot of people use this in defence of PC games. Yes, downloading new mods and levels is not so readily available on consoles as it is on PC&#39;s but it&#39;s getting there. Local magazines here in South Africa release fan-made mods and missions on a Demo CD which can be installed onto the Xbox Box, and with Xbox Live, you can download missions to games such as Splinter Cell... I can see modding on consoles to become more popular soon.

Now we come to prices.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ, 256MB DDram, 20Gig HD, 17" Monitor and a Geforce 4 MX440... This came to around &#036;700 wholesale. (PC&#39;s are quite expensive here)

A PS2 and Xbox, chipped, would come to around &#036;500...There you have above-PC Standard gaming at a low price and games are now practically free. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not ripping PC Gaming at all... I think it&#39;s awesome, however it&#39;s just too expensive and too tedious to have to always upgrade and worry about your systems performance in games when you can just buy a console and not have to hassle over that again&#33;

All in all, in my opinion...Consoles are better for gaming then PC&#39;s. If you&#39;re going to reply to this thread, do so in a legible and intelligable way, don&#39;t flame me or call me a N00b or some wacky crap like that. This is an in-depth debate, so if you&#39;re going to argue for or against Consoles... Do say with a backed up opinion&#33;
    AMEN :beerchug: [/b][/quote]
    i second that amen

9. Games   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    the reason pc&#39;s will always over run consoles is

#1 aiming on pc&#39;s is way way way way way betterx50000 instead of that fuckin retarded aiming with that little fucktaded stick on the middle of it. how the fuck am i suppose 2 aim with that??

10. Games   -   #10
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    the reason pc&#39;s will always over run consoles is

#1 aiming on pc&#39;s is way way way way way betterx50000 instead of that fuckin retarded aiming with that little fucktaded stick on the middle of it. how the fuck am i suppose 2 aim with that??

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast