Thread: Arcade Fire won Grammy's album of the year

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

A band from my hometown, who would have thought they would beat Eninem and Lady Gaga?

Try it if you don't know them, their latest album is dope (as well as their first album).
    Last edited by KFlint; 02-15-2011 at 01:36 PM.

2. Music   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've never "gotten" Arcade Fire but given the choice between another unexplainable critical darling group The Black Keys and them I'm glad they won.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Music   -   #3
    Arcade Fire is good, but frankly I prefer the sound of The Black Keys since has more of a "Blues Background".

4. Music   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Arcade Fire? Never heard of them.

I just went to Last.fm tho' and listen to their most popular track (ready to start) and I recognized it from the radio. Then listened to their second most popular track (suburb) and it was a bit shit, but had quite an interesting video.

Gonna go steal the album now and check out the rest of it.

yo

5. Music   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The suburbs is not the best song, but anyway, it takes a couple of hearings to really get into it. Didn't really paid attention to them until I saw them at a festival couple years ago. Probably the best live performance I ever saw.

Pretty sure you heard this one from the first album on the radio :

and maybe :

Last edited by KFlint; 02-14-2011 at 08:39 PM.

6. Music   -   #6
    FaithFXu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    While I'm not a big Arcade Fire fan, it's nice to see actual musicians beat corporate productions like Gaga etc.