Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTN issue

jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Everytime i hit my bookmark to login into FTN I get the fake squirrel mail page. Can someone Pm the irc info so i can figure out what is going on?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/2...TN-IRC-Channel

Searching before posting is a good idea.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Everytime i hit my bookmark to login into FTN I get the fake squirrel mail page. Can someone Pm the irc info so i can figure out what is going on?
    they always have that login page. And if you are a member there then only you can see their real stdhead, body, stdfoot etc.
    Teh n00b.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It's supposed to be that way... why don't you login to FTN using that form and contact them there? No need to go to IRC.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I wonder how long the thread starter has been a member of FTN for.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lol my fault, I guess i am having login issues, I have actually been a member there for like 165 weeks

every time i try to login it says my info is incorrect but it is. When i try to reset my password it says my email is not in the system?
    Last edited by jonny81985; 02-14-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    if you read the news onsite you can see that they have had a security issues, so you have to login in everytime even if your browser is set to save your login..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tippertime View Post
    if you read the news onsite you can see that they have had a security issues, so you have to login in everytime even if your browser is set to save your login..
    That's not true at all. If you have Secure Login ticked in your user settings, you must re-login only if your IP address changes.

They recently scrambled the authkey and passwords of a few members on site as a security precaution after a user sent everyone pm's directing them to a malicious link. If your password was scrambled, you can recover it via email and then log in again.

If password reset email doesn't work and you still can't login, here is the info for the irc support:
    irc.darknet-irc.net #ftn-support (Info was already available on https://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/)
    Last edited by chrisbeebops; 02-14-2011 at 03:57 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks chrisbeebobs for the helpful not condescending reply

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    every time i try to login it says my info is incorrect but it is. When i try to reset my password it says my email is not in the system?
    Doesn't look good, but do go to IRC to know what really happened to your account.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast