Thread: Java Ide

So does anyone know a free one and plz lets make it between 1 to 3mb. Thnx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    JCreator

or Kawa but its not free.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have tried Jcreator but i need JDK for that which is about 20mb. Where can i find Kawa (google didnt help) and do i need JDK for this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes you need JDK/J2SE for java...for every IDE... IDE only brings JDK tools together for you. Also, javac (compiler) is very slow that comes with jdk so you might consider downloading Jikesas a compiler. It is much faster than javac.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    We dont use JDK in our school. We use an IDE called Ready to Program from Holt Software.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@9 November 2003 - 00:10
    We dont use JDK in our school. We use an IDE called Ready to Program from Holt Software.
    It does use JDK. JDK is the Java Development Kit. Although, with "Ready to Program" it is shipped with it. So it is already installed.However if you are programming at your home computer you need to install JDK/J2SE to run java. JDK comes with javac as a compiler so download jikes for faster compilation.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    What the fuck, its my teacher&#39;s fault . Can you help me out here. I have got Jcreater installed and what i dont know is how to set up the JDK. I will post tomorrow because i have got a 20mb file to download. Thnx for all the help so far

Edit: I didnt think it would be this hard. I am seriously thinking of dropping the damn course.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Once you have downloaded JDK you have to set few environment variables. I can let you through it with no problem. Once that all is done you can setup the directory in JCreator with no hassle and you are ready to go.
    It looks different and a little overwhelming in the starting. Just get through this stage and you will love it forever.
    Let me know when you have downloaded JDK.