Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highest Prosesser Speed

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Hmm, wouldnt you have to by new Ram as well? I mean, I know you need a good 2700 Ram atleast for the bartons, though most get 3200, but you would need DDR to match the side bus right? If not it wouldnt be able to clock as high, correct?

Someone clear things up on this, I havnt tested any AMD CPU's like the palaminos on SD Ram, but I know my 400Mhz P4 based 2.2Ghz celeron was able to run at 2.2Ghz, on 133SD Ram.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    An excellent choice of board would be a Asus A7N8X Deluxe version 2 (make sure it's a v.2- it'll have 4 mounting holes around the CPU socket).

Then get whatever chip you can afford. Many here are big fans of the Barton core 2500, I have a 2600+.

Get as much of the best memory you can, I'm currently using PC 2700, but shall soon be upgrading to PC 3200.

Make sure that you have a really good PSU, I can personally recommend the Thermaltake X series 420w. More power is good, just make sure that it's a reputable brand.

With just a little tweaking you can achieve some very respectable benchmark scores with a setup like this.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    edit: damn AOL
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@10 November 2003 - 21:29
    An excellent choice of board would be a Asus A7N8X Deluxe version 2 (make sure it's a v.2- it'll have 4 mounting holes around the CPU socket).

Then get whatever chip you can afford. Many here are big fans of the Barton core 2500, I have a 2600+.

Get as much of the best memory you can, I'm currently using PC 2700, but shall soon be upgrading to PC 3200.

Make sure that you have a really good PSU, I can personally recommend the Thermaltake X series 420w. More power is good, just make sure that it's a reputable brand.

With just a little tweaking you can achieve some very respectable benchmark scores with a setup like this.
    I have been using a 20 Dollar Allied 300W power supply, with no complaints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12