Thread: Divx Blackscreen - Am I Missing Something?

strokeofg
    When tyring to view some movies, at the very beginning a "DIVX VIDEO" icon appears in the lower right corner. But then there is no movie that follows. The screen is black and there is no sound, yet the timer continues to roll.

Is there a reason for this? Have I downloaded the movie and just missing codecs? Wrong movie player? Any help would be great as I have found this problem on many movies.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    sup dawg. welcome to the forum. from wat u said, theres two options. one, and do this no matter wat, go to the klite website, and dl the klite codec pack. then watch the movie, if still no pic, then u most likely dled a fake or corrupted file

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mabey a fake what file was it whats the size ?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Sounds like a fake the Divx Watermark or Icon that appears in the middle appears everytime the Divx Codec is used that's offcourse the official codec from divx networks. You can always try K-Lite Codec pack but I doubt it will change anything because I think thats a fake.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Aswel as getting the Klite codec pack, you must get videolan too. It will play anything including records. No seriously it will save you headaches later when other vid files refuse to play.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by InverseKinetix@9 November 2003 - 01:56
    Aswel as getting the Klite codec pack, you must get videolan too. It will play anything including records. No seriously it will save you headaches later when other vid files refuse to play.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
    Very true VideoLAN is my favourite player by far like recently I downloaded a regular .avi file with mp43 codec for some reason none of my players would play it even though I had the codec but VideoLAN played it .