Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Employee Unions Must Be Crushed !

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    See post #19, it still applies.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Just as liberals do not like freedom of choice when it comes to unions-- you know, freedom to join a union or to not join a union, freedom to pay union dues or not pay union dues, freedom to make these choices without being bullied by organized crime thugs, er I mean union bosses...--- liberals don't like freedom of speech, either, when it comes to this issue. Yes, elections do have consequences. The Democrats run away from their responisibilities like frightened little girls. The Republicans were outnumber for two years, but they showed up and voted, and then lost the vote, and had things like Obamacare shoved down their throats. Now Republicans are in power in certain areas and rather than respecting our representative government, the Democrats act like a bunch of chickens. I hope the voters remember this in 2012.
    You seem awfully young to have suffered a stroke, but I am beginning to believe it more, and more, likely with each post you make.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Someday 9, what you "think" and reality will intersect and boy, will you be embarrassed by these posts.
    You sound like my grandparents. They told me that since they are paying for my entire college education, including room and board, and transportation, they expect me to "stop being silly" and to not get involved in anything political for the next four years. The only extra-curricular activities they want me involved in at the University of Oregon are sports, and that's it.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Have you explained to them that parroting Faux is not "getting involved in politics"?
    That might work.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Someday 9, what you "think" and reality will intersect and boy, will you be embarrassed by these posts.
    You sound like my grandparents. They told me that since they are paying for my entire college education, including room and board, and transportation,
    It seems you think bragging about your freeloading life is going to impress someone.

I know I've said it before, but how about you put your money where your mouth (ideology) is and pay for your own education?

I can't speak for Clocker's exact point, but for myself I feel most of what you "think" shows a lack of basic historic knowledge of the subjects on which you opine.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The liberal movement and it's unions are living in the pre-climate-change past.

Time to ante-up, ya'all; time to contribute for all the entitlements you wanted, so long as you didn't have to pay for them.

Also, we need some cash for defense.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Time to ante-up, ya'all; time to contribute for all the entitlements you wanted, so long as you didn't have to pay for them.

Why, is de fence falling down?

You should have prepared for the democrats being elected and and made sure you qualified for all the 'freebies'.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    The union "entitlements" (a totally fallacious term, BTW) are/were fully funded...they had absolutely nothing to do with Wisconsin's budget crisis.
    If you're looking for who is exploiting "entitlements", look no further than the corporations who operate in the state, 60% of whom pay no taxes at all.

All the whining from the right about unions is nothing more than an attempt to destroy the Democratic money base (unions being a large contributor to Democratic candidates) and pave the way for the right to simply take over.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Why, is de fence falling down?

You should have prepared for the democrats being elected and and made sure you qualified for all the 'freebies'.
    The union "entitlements" (a totally fallacious term, BTW) are/were fully funded...they had absolutely nothing to do with Wisconsin's budget crisis.
    If you're looking for who is exploiting "entitlements", look no further than the corporations who operate in the state, 60% of whom pay no taxes at all.

All the whining from the right about unions is nothing more than an attempt to destroy the Democratic money base (unions being a large contributor to Democratic candidates) and pave the way for the right to simply take over.
    Your postage is obsolete.

Dems are still in charge, but their mis-behaviors have done them in.

Color us 'post-Alinsky'.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    After all this time you came back to be obtuse?
    Can you tell me exactly how the public employee union was hurting Wisconsin?
    Can you explain why, after the unions already agreed to Walker's financial demands, that he still insists on gutting them?

I'm betting Walker gets recalled after the one year grace period is over.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast