Thread: The Quietest (Powerful) Computer In The World

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    They're only comparing it to production PCs.
    I'm sure there are many silent computers out there custom built.
    Water cooled with a huge rad, and use SSDs, it can be silent pretty easily...

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Noctua heatsinks also would allow some really great overclocks while using a silent cooler like the NH-U12P SE2.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Yeah the price point is just absurd. You could do this yourself for about $700

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    This is STUPID

1st. Fan-less video card? Really? I guess you cant play games on this PC or it might blow up in 30 mins (of real gaming).
    2nd. Stuffing the case with padding?!?!?! Yeah ok ... lets raise the case temperature. That always speeds things up ehh?

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by godofhell View Post
    This is STUPID

1st. Fan-less video card? Really? I guess you cant play games on this PC or it might blow up in 30 mins (of real gaming).
    2nd. Stuffing the case with padding?!?!?! Yeah ok ... lets raise the case temperature. That always speeds things up ehh?
    I have one of those silent vid card coolers, it gets much better temps than a stock forced air heat sink does. So if you can game with a stock heatsink, you can sure as hell game with the silent one...

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Xbox_360's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you know how to put together a pc you could build this yourself, I like how they posted every component from the case to the ram to the hdd everything they have used to build this silent pc is there right down to the make and model of the parts.
    Last edited by Xbox_360; 02-24-2011 at 08:32 PM.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    They're only comparing it to production PCs.
    I'm sure there are many silent computers out there custom built.
    Water cooled with a huge rad, and use SSDs, it can be silent pretty easily...
    Trust me , water cooling is noisy. The pump ! ... great for cooling tho.

Quiet pc. =
    Case :
    with good efficient heat dispersant layout. PSU at the bottom. Rubber mounts for drives , PSU fans etc. Dummy foam (anti-reverb) components to minimize the free space in the case AND control airflow.
    ( also how the noise bit works..eg.. bass drum has lot's of space for noise to reverberate , fill it with foam = no drum sound )

2 silent Fans.. 1 to intake.. 1 to exhaust.

Heatsinks :
    The ultimate is a fan-less cpu heatsink.
    Same for GPU , chipset and PSU.

Other hardware is optional , but the lower temp the hardware runs , the better.
    The i5 / i7 really do run cool... relatively
    All GPU's are getting cooler.
    And you can always add an aftermarket heatsink to the most powerfull graphics cards.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by godofhell View Post
    This is STUPID

1 Videcard heatsinks.. or

Radeon HD 5750 not a shabby graphics card:

2 Filling voids in a case , actually HELPS cooling , directs air flow.
    Last edited by mediafired; 04-11-2011 at 09:06 PM.