Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Usenet or BT?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

OK to me that is silly talk . Bt was never intended to be something that you had to pay to use . It was suppose to be about sharing files that interested you ,hopefully to the best of your ability and not about 'building ratio " so that (presumably ) later you can hit and run to your hearts content.At least that is what is implied in your statement.

At least usenet is very upfront about being a business and any incurred expense comes with the territory. That I can respect ,the other I cannot.
    The main reason i buy a seedbox is 2 things. One, is so that i can download large, old content without being banned (by building up a buffer beforhand), and 2, is so that once the box expires, im still able to use ratio websites which are hard to maintain without a seedbox, I.E. BMTV.
    So that's basically what I already said .
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    The main reason i buy a seedbox is 2 things. One, is so that i can download large, old content without being banned (by building up a buffer beforhand), and 2, is so that once the box expires, im still able to use ratio websites which are hard to maintain without a seedbox, I.E. BMTV.
    In Usenet, both concerns don't exist to begin with. You can download as much as you want, and the files go directly to your home computer, instead of having to be FTPed from a box. And your home PC is where you'll want to have the stuff you grab, unless you're leeching just to keep a good ratio, which once again doesn't happen with newsgroups because they're an all-you-can-east for warez
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    In Usenet, both concerns don't exist to begin with. You can download as much as you want, and the files go directly to your home computer, instead of having to be FTPed from a box. And your home PC is where you'll want to have the stuff you grab, unless you're leeching just to keep a good ratio, which once again doesn't happen with newsgroups because they're an all-you-can-east for warez
    What i meant, was that if i build a huge buffer one month with a seedbox. and the next month i can afford it (under the assumption that a seedbox costs teh same a a usenet acc) then i can still leech without the fear of being banned for have a shit ratio. Also, you find me a NZB site with the same amount of music as What.CD or Waffles.FM

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Also, you find me a NZB site with the same amount of music as What.CD or Waffles.FM
    I never said there's one. I even wrote there's niche trackers for the sort of stuff you don't find in Usenet, back in post #3. You won't find any way of downloading that has absolutely everything...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Also, you find me a NZB site with the same amount of music as What.CD or Waffles.FM
    I never said there's one. I even wrote there's niche trackers for the sort of stuff you don't find in Usenet, back in post #3. You won't find any way of downloading that has absolutely everything...
    That may be, but i would expect for BitTorrent to have the most content over all otehr forms of file sharing.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

What i meant, was that if i build a huge buffer one month with a seedbox. and the next month i can afford it (under the assumption that a seedbox costs teh same a a usenet acc) then i can still leech without the fear of being banned for have a shit ratio. Also, you find me a NZB site with the same amount of music as What.CD or Waffles.FM
    I doubt if any of this will filter through that thick skull but see my previous posts.

Addendum : If you can't survive on any sites without a seedbox then either you shouldn't be a member there or more rightly there is probably something seriously wrong with them and you probably shouldn't want to be a member there .

Btw you are largely what is wrong with bt as it currently exists.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-22-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I doubt if any of this will filter through that thick skull but see my previous posts.

Addendum : If you can't survive on any sites without a seedbox then either you shouldn't be a member there or more rightly there is probably something seriously wrong with them and you probably shouldn't want to be a member there .

Btw you are largely what is wrong with bt as it currently exists.
    I can, i just find it faster and easier to use a seedbox.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    But it will take you way more time to build a good buffer on let's say, 2 or 3 hard to seed trackers ( by time i mean time spent when i can do something else than just choosing my downloads, preseeding, RSS errors sometime, etc... ). All this keeping in mind that we're talking about a seedbox that costs as much as a usenet account ( if i would have the money for a seedbox with 1GB connection and 1 TB hdd, i think i'll still decide it's not worth it ). For me, who i'm interested only about movies i find usenet very useful in 95 % and for the rest is TPB 3-4 % and 1-2 % for niche trackers when i want something really rare.

The only problem i see with the usenet is the retention time ( 900+ days ) but things may change in the future and you can allways try to make a request on sites like NZBsRus or just wait untill someone uploads the stuff you're interested again if expired.

This is my conclusion after years of trying to maintain a good ratio on those hard to seed trackers (for me at least) and funny, even after i got a seedbox and built a very good buffer on them now... i said it's enough. If moving from BT to Usenet was a good or wrong decision i don't know for sure yet but i'll stick with it for the moment.

One more thing about using a seedbox, if you're not an uploader or something like this i don't consider it to be file sharing.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    he only problem i see with the usenet is the retention time ( 900+ days )
    lol? its more than 2,5 years(and still growing) on maximum speed 100% of time ..not many torrents live that much,and even if they are active ,download speed is awful(i had several of those on hdbits)

movies(blurays,bdrips,dvdrips),tv-series, games, soft= usenet
    music,anime= private trackers
    Last edited by Hypatia; 02-28-2011 at 05:37 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

NZBIndex.nl

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast