Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you listen to music in a language you didn't understand?

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Music is my drug and catalyst you can say . I listen to all kinds of music, no matter which language it is in. My favourites are japanese, traditional Chinese, Old Britian folk, Buddhist chants and native Tribal African Vocals. But, on an emotional level, I can only connect myself with the melodies of my mother tongue the best.

2. Music   -   #22
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    If it has a good beat I would defiantly listen to it if its in a language I don't know. I don't really care about the lyrics in songs. I have been listening to some rock en Espaņol lately.

3. Music   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +5

4. Music   -   #24
    Yes, I listen to music all the time in other languages. I love music from all over the world.

To answer your question from a linguistic perspective: Some languages are more considered more pleasing to speakers of certain languages than others. This is because there are many sounds and sound structures in all of the worlds languages and each language only contains a small ammount of them. From infancy, we begin to learn the sounds and sound patterns of our native language or languages and lose the ability to distinguish them from other languages. A classic example of this is the fact that the l/r sound in Japanese is the considered the same sound and that is why it is common for them to make mistakes with both of them. In contrast, swedish has many more vowels than english and we would not be able to differentiate them in the same way a native swede would.

Sorry for that long winded answer, I'm writing my undergraduate thesis on a similar topic right now

5. Music   -   #25
    d1sc0nt3nt's Avatar Poster
    I'd listen to music in any language so long as it sounded good to my ears.

6. Music   -   #26
    Yea, I listen to many German and French songs without understanding a word (which I don't mind at all).

7. Music   -   #27
    I love english songs but if music of other songs of different language is good then i can enjoy it too

8. Music   -   #28
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I already do listen to music i don't understand . I listen to some german metal bands and spanish ones as well . As long as it has a good melody i will like it

9. Music   -   #29
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by bxrtyujen View Post
    thanks for good share. very very very good(cok iyi bi paylasim)
    emm... what??

10. Music   -   #30
    swizZ8's Avatar pure hatred BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Norwegian metal is fine music to listen.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast