Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Reductions and New Hack Proof PS3 Console Coming Soon

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    [center]

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    $275? Still way over-priced. Will they ever drop it down to $200?

And at "hack proof".

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    You don't think that $275 isn't cheap enough to run anything you want on it? And it has a BluRay player included for free. I think that's pretty damn cheap.

I'm picking up another one when I can just because of the price drop. With the leaked codes, homebrew and practically anything for the PSP and PS3 signing is a piece of cake. No more messing with CFW and all of this ludicrous crap. Just sign it and pop it in. I could care less about PSN - it's crap and has been from the get-go.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Poster
    'Sony will attempt to lure gamers into purchasing it by including a 300GB hard drive.'

Have to do more than that to lure me in...

320GB SATA 2.5" hard drive costs $46-$50 area on newegg atm and the 500GB is only about $55. I have the original 60GB PS3, I took the hd out and threw in a 250GB I already had a while back for piracy reasons, um I mean legal backup, um. no um.. Home Brew legal code.. or that Linux ya that thing...

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Sony execs must be smoking crack if they think that everyone that already has a PS3 will just go out a buy a new one for $300

And, hack proof, REALLY?!?!?! hehehe
    That thing will be moded in a 6 month.
    Last edited by godofhell; 02-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    With PS4 in development this feels like a clear-out of old stock or something similar

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Let's just hope it's not as ugly as the Slim

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    miss-leading title imo. was so looking forward to a console price cut. i've yet to purchase any of the 3 next gens and as i'm biased towards sony over the 360 i'd grab a ps3 if it was cut lower than it is now. there's not too much i want it for so paying 3 bills is a waste.

having said that i'm still one of the angry ones that there's no backwards compatibility. if it was still available (new) i'd have grabbed one by now.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by hersi View Post
    You don't think that $275 isn't cheap enough to run anything you want on it? And it has a BluRay player included for free. I think that's pretty damn cheap.
    Considering the library of games it has(which I'm personally only interested in a few so far), no, $275 isn't cheap in my opinion. I'll more than likely play it for a few weeks to a couple months, and then it will sit and collect dust until another game gets released that interests me. Just like with the PSP.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Xbox_360's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's true that when looking at other gaming systems the Sony PS3 is still the more expensive of the 3. The truth is Sony is not really making that much they are still selling below the cost it takes to make them they have been doing this for a while. The argument that it has a Blu-ray drive is kind of void now, I can find Blu-ray players at Wal-Mart in the $80 price point they just aren't as expensive as they use to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast