Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: For all us non-traders...

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    While Rings would rarely admit it, he has been known to be wrong.
    What? Since when have I refused to admit facts? I can recall every single instance that I've been wrong on this board for you and list them. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. What I do mind is people thinking I should admit I am wrong because they think I am.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I was referring, in this case, to the possibility that yamada may turn out to be a decent, non-trolling member. The jury is still out, but you cast your vote without an abundance of information.

Overall, you do have a very solid track record of knowledge covering a wide array of subjects; however, humility is not one of your most visible characteristics.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-28-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    I've heard the whole God complex thing before, I assure you. I like the way I am, and won't change it for anyone, really. I actually got slapped last week after I pushed someone beyond their breaking point (and mind you, this was a guy slapping me - as opposed to a punch in the jaw, you can clearly see what kind of person I was dealing with). At the end of the day, though, I'd rather be me, than be yamada. I can't imagine how annoying it would be trying to be nice to every idiot I run into. That and I can't imagine how annoying it would be running into me, but that's a whole other story.

And oh, I don't think I called yamada a troll. If I did, then I clearly should file miscommunication under my very short list of things to improve on in myself. I just think he's an insincere person trying to achieve some ends by being overly nice (kind of like bigdaddydude in the past, although we see less of him given how nothing he ever asked for was given to him) and unbelievably agreeable.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    I've heard the whole God complex thing before, I assure you. I like the way I am, and won't change it for anyone, really. I actually got slapped last week after I pushed someone beyond their breaking point (and mind you, this was a guy slapping me - as opposed to a punch in the jaw, you can clearly see what kind of person I was dealing with). At the end of the day, though, I'd rather be me, than be yamada. I can't imagine how annoying it would be trying to be nice to every idiot I run into. That and I can't imagine how annoying it would be running into me, but that's a whole other story.
    I'm having a running battle on one of the most beloved "community "sites over precisely that . Point being when everyone feels obliged to be "nice" and consequently agree with everything , how boring is that?
    Makes for some real insightful conversations I tell you like
    " I saw the last episode of House ".
    "Yeah I saw that too it was good .Looking forward to the next one, I'm sure it will be good too"
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-28-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    yamada's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yamada View Post
    Thx for ur kindness, Mega, and I believe I am not the only one appreciate it. U r not facing a brick wall, u r facing a mirror. People will treat u the same way as u treat them.
    I do hope you turn out to be someone who adds to our discussions, and brings some new insights to the site. While Rings would rarely admit it, he has been known to be wrong.

Extra credit points are given to those who write in full sentences with punctuation. However, it did not benefit Vorx as he has shown himself to be a douche bag. :
    Mega, I am not sure if I can bring some new insights. I am just a common person. But I'd love to try. Maybe I'll just be another asshole. :lol

And oh, I don't think I called yamada a troll. If I did, then I clearly should file miscommunication under my very short list of things to improve on in myself. I just think he's an insincere person trying to achieve some ends by being overly nice (kind of like bigdaddydude in the past, although we see less of him given how nothing he ever asked for was given to him) and unbelievably agreeable.
    I'm having a running battle on one of the most beloved "community "sites over precisely that . Point being when everyone feels obliged to be "nice" and consequently agree with everything , how boring is that?
    "Yeah I saw that too it was good .Looking forward to the next one, I'm sure it will be good too"
    Ring and IdolEyes, u guys have ur personality, but doesn't mean everybody have to have the same personality, right? U may think my personality is boring, but if everybody have the same personality as u guys, that would be boring too. The world is beautiful coz there r various lives and various personality.

How do u know u r right? Even u r right, how do u know only u r right? Don't try to be a judge, u neither have the quality nor have the ability. Try to judge yourselves before judge others.

Tolerance is a virtue!
    Last edited by yamada; 02-28-2011 at 02:07 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

I don't get that vibe from him at all although I've been told that I'm not the most mentally astute.
    Whether he's simply a nice guy from a culture that still values politeness or just another insincere person looking to play on the generosity of people here ,I guess only time will tell.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    The only problem I have with this argument, is for either side to make a substantial point (whether to the inanity of the behavior, or the productivity of complacency) examples have to be provided, which in most cases never happens. Perhaps due to staffer regime, or an absurd code of conduct, but I don't see why attacking a member in order to prove a point is such an unheard of act. In every other debate proof seems to be something that's needed.
    Ellipses go here.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    yamada's Avatar Poster

I don't get that vibe from him at all although I've been told that I'm not the most mentally astute.
    Whether he's simply a nice guy from a culture that still values politeness or just another insincere person looking to play on the generosity of people here ,I guess only time will tell.
    Idol, I am nice to everyone coz I want to be that kind of person. But I am not perfect, I am just a common people like u guys. Sometimes I lose temper too. So I still need self-control. But there r nothing with pretending to be nice to get something, what I want is in my heart.

If u think this is insincere, then u can call me an insincere person.

The only problem I have with this argument, is for either side to make a substantial point (whether to the inanity of the behavior, or the productivity of complacency) examples have to be provided, which in most cases never happens. Perhaps due to staffer regime, or an absurd code of conduct, but I don't see why attacking a member in order to prove a point is such an unheard of act. In every other debate proof seems to be something that's needed.
    Rings, ur attack made me unhappy, but weren't so bad, otherwise I would have ignored u. But the point isn't who win the debate.
    Last edited by yamada; 02-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    MBM you realize you're talking to a brick wall, right? He will agree, then regurgitate a neutral stance to get wherever he wants to. Successful troll if I ever saw one.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    yamada's Avatar Poster
    MBM you realize you're talking to a brick wall, right? He will agree, then regurgitate a neutral stance to get wherever he wants to. Successful troll if I ever saw one.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast