Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: For all us non-traders...

Poster
    Kung Fu is a useless martial art....

2. BitTorrent   -   #122
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    And, as my legal counsel, this post falls under client attorney privilege.
    I'm afraid we will have to "erase" everyone who already read it
    Better Call Saul KFlint!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #123
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Don't worry, Vorx, eventually you'll be able to get into every tracker that you dream about!

4. BitTorrent   -   #124
    yamada's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    The point is being right in a debate, otherwise there's no point in a debate. Also, I wasn't talking to you. If you want to learn something quick about Western culture, the first things you want to understand are the arbitrariness and co-reference of the English language, primarily. Otherwise you take to heart something not directed at you.
    Rings, u may think it's a debate, but I never think it is.

Thx for ur advice about English. from my point of view, language is just a tool, it can be arbitrary, also can be modest, all depends on who use it. I have many friends have western culture background, most of them r direct, but not arbitrary.
    Last edited by yamada; 03-01-2011 at 02:57 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #125
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Vorx do yourself a favour and sign up to one of the Aussie ISp's that offer free usenet as part of the service and all your tracker problems will be solved (if you can't do it get your oldies to do it) the only way your getting into those trackers you asked about is with money or some serious ass kissing, if you don't know what ISP's offer free usenet i would be happy to help.

6. BitTorrent   -   #126
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
    Vorx do yourself a favour and sign up to one of the Aussie ISp's that offer free usenet as part of the service and all your tracker problems will be solved (if you can't do it get your oldies to do it) the only way your getting into those trackers you asked about is with money or some serious ass kissing, if you don't know what ISP's offer free usenet i would be happy to help.
    Come on, don't make such posts...
    Vorx, listen to what I am telling you. Join other bittorrent trackers, build your reputation there, and I am SURE that you will be eventually invited to hdbits and ftn.

Edit: and don't be mean to IdolEyes. I don't know him well, but I like him.
    Last edited by OlegL; 03-01-2011 at 08:03 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #127
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Come on, don't make such posts...
    Vorx, listen to what I am telling you. Join other bittorrent trackers, build your reputation there, and I am SURE that you will be eventually invited to hdbits and ftn.
    Look it's the torrent fanboi that get's kicked out everywhere

Green Goblin is 100% right. If you ain't at FTN or HDBits yet, your best bet is the Usenet. I'm not just telling you that, since I've been using them (Torrents and the Usenet) for some time now and you can find anything on the Usenet that you would ever need. FTN and HDBits might be good ressources, but there isn't much content that ain't available on the Usenet too.

Anyway ... a combo of both is ideal imo.
    Can you feel the LOVE

8. BitTorrent   -   #128
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post

Edit: and don't be mean to IdolEyes. I don't know him well, but I like him.
    Endorsement from OlegL =

kiss_of_death.jpg

Real useful advice that hasn't already been given by Green Goblin and Disme : only look to join places that are of real and lasting value to you because as "cool" as you might briefly think yourself in the end you will finally come to the realization that downloading a bunch of files that you never use , chatting to a bunch of people that you don't really know and probably don't really like and building a bt reputation has pretty much been a colossal waste of your very finite life.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Look it's the torrent fanboi that get's kicked out everywhere
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #130
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I will courteously disagree. I did no ass kissing or IRC idling or any of those things (not anymore than I wanted to - I think that besides my IRC channel and a friends, I only logon other servers (tracker ones included) once every 3-4 weeks). And I'm everywhere I'd like to be and more (definitely more). There is no money handling or ass kissing or sucking up or being agreeable for the sake of getting invited somewhere or any of those things involved if you want an invite somewhere. I don't understand either why people choose to call me naive for this opinion.

If you're a genuinely good person, looking for a tracker that you'd like to be in seriously (because you're say an encoder and you'd like to give back to the community - HDBits) then you will get in. Take the time you spend in the mean time and put it towards a hobby and get it on your med school application.

It's not "impossible" to join a tracker - otherwise how would said tracker thrive and exist. Let me tell you a thing or two about those "impossible" invites. They're out there, and they will come to you eventually. I've turned down many, only to accept them in the future when I felt that I wanted them more; or turned down many and never accepted them no matter how many times they've been offered.

I'm positive many a member on this board has the same story. Cabalo, Disme, Idol etc. I'm sure that even though they may disagree about the impenetrable nature of some trackers nowadays, they will agree that none of them had to perform cunnilingus related acts in order to get somewhere. I'm sure they'll also agree that they spent no conscious part of their day thinking about where they want to get to next - and neither should you.

If you want to be an immature 15 year old looking for glory and wasting your time, go ahead. However, I'm giving you the best advice you'll get. Stop thinking about it. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it was never going to happen anyway. Move on, it's only a bloody tracker.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast