Thread: Emule installation problem

how to install emule in ubuntu

if you have any solution please share with me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Use aMule. That's a fork that can run natively on Ubuntu.

If you want to run a mod there's no Linux version of, you can try Wine. eMule is so well-coded it should work well that way, too.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    and for those who like to get their hands dirty, there is also the ever-cursed MLdonkey.
    Last edited by zot; 02-23-2011 at 09:37 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    and for those who like to get their hands dirty, there is also the ever-cursed MLdonkey.
    I'd only recommend that as a last resort, if at all. Last time I checked, it didn't even have a queue, and its source handling was quite poor. Many anti-leech protections ban or decrease the score of MLdonkey clients due to that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    The official MLdonkey project was kind of abandoned before it really ever got to a point of being considered post-beta quality, but some of the 3rd-party mods and add-ons polished up its deficiencies quite a bit and might even be considered quite decent.

It's true that MLdonkey had a sordid history, starting off as a leecher client, then getting a reputation for uploading corrupt data. And as the Bitcomet developers discovered, people have long memories, and soiled reputations can be very hard to repair.