Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another waffels vs what thread?

Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Well before i went AWOL for few months i relied heaving on CE for my music needs. Maybe they did'nt have huge torrent base but community was supa helpful and most of the request was filled fast.

But in mean time of my absence it switched 2 gzella i guess and most of positive points about it felled apart with most people i knew leaving and some other factor resulting it in current stat of ghost town.

-----

So basically i was reading waffles and what review but could not figure out if any of them have bonus point system at place or not?

Bonus point is absolute necessity to me simply bcoz i search music and not browse it meaning that i would like if i dont have to download X file just bcoz its gonna be popular or is at Freeleech so that i can enjoy the album i want to..

PS: i tried pubic tracker but most of stuff is either poorly ripped or transcode

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Waffles has a bonus point system. You can't spend them on upload credit, but you can spend them on freeleeches. Which helps out tremendously.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Even though What.cd doesn't have a bonus point system, the changes they made in how their ratio policy works have made it fairly easy to survive there aswell. Basically seed everything you download and your required ratio will be close to 0. Also if i remember correctly, they no longer disable you for having a low ratio there (correct me if i'm wrong).

Tbh there is no need to download stuff you don't want because of seeding opportunities on either site. As long as you continue seeding what you download, you can stick to only downloading things you really want without having to worry about your ratio. However, some people may find it troublesome having to continue seeding things forever. But the way i see it, as long as you grab stuff you want only, you plan on keeping it on your computer anyways and might aswell continue seeding it.
    Last edited by scrappen; 02-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    RuTracker + DDL.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappen View Post
    Even though What.cd doesn't have a bonus point system, the changes they made in how their ratio policy works have made it fairly easy to survive there aswell. Basically seed everything you download and your required ratio will be close to 0. Also if i remember correctly, they no longer disable you for having a low ratio there (correct me if i'm wrong).

Tbh there is no need to download stuff you don't want because of seeding opportunities on either site. As long as you continue seeding what you download, you can stick to only downloading things you really want without having to worry about your ratio. However, some people may find it troublesome having to continue seeding things forever. But the way i see it, as long as you grab stuff you want only, you plan on keeping it on your computer anyways and might aswell continue seeding it.
    I know that no one what's to hear this but cheaper to simply buy things than run my computer 24/7 .
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    What.cd doesn't have any kind of bonus points, but they do have this:
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappen View Post
    scrappen, you are correct (you no longer get disabled for failing ratio watch, only lose your downloading privileges), and if you seed a lot, you can grab up to 20 gigs of stuff before your required ratio goes above 0.00. If you only use the site for stuff that can't be found elsewhere and seed a lot, you may actually never reach those 20GB.

Waffles does have "bonus" points, but they only give invites, freeleech and a few other privileges. You are not able to trade them for upload, and they're somewhat hard to get for the average user. Snatching stuff, uploading a lot of torrents, inviting people who keep PU status on the site and maybe forum posting are the fastest ways you can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    RuTracker + DDL.
    RuTracker's indeed a very underrated site, lots of well-seeded lossless and rare stuff over there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Uploading your own torrents is the easiest way of tackling the ratio's.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    Uploading your own torrents is the easiest way of tackling the ratio's.
    That's assuming people will come to download them the second you upload them, and that doesn't always happen. It sadly doesn't for most non-new albums, which are the ones I have access to for ripping and uploading.

But obviously many people got to higher ranks by doing that and seeding a lot. So I definitely recommend it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    That's assuming people will come to download them the second you upload them, and that doesn't always happen.
    I saw many auto downloader (peers) in waffles. Once I've uploaded 4-5 torrents there & saw some same IPs snatching them very first.
    contradiction..
    Teh n00b.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I was talking about What.

Try uploading rare rock albums from the 70s there, and get back to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast