Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non p2p file service

hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems. I am on a wireless broadband internet service and cannot get any of the p2p systems to work with my ISP. Torrents will not even work and I am desparate to get something to work so that i can download some stuff. thanks in advance for the help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Which P2P systems have you tried so far? Bittorrent and ed2k ?

Why don't you give it a try with a usenet / newsgroups service?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Even have a go with some DDL's

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i don't understand your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Applellial View Post
    hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems. I am on a wireless broadband internet service and cannot get any of the p2p systems to work with my ISP. Torrents will not even work and I am desparate to get something to work so that i can download some stuff. thanks in advance for the help

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Why don't you give it a try with a usenet / newsgroups service?
    One-click hosters may also be a good idea... unless the provider is shaping simple HTTP downloads. In that case, I'd switch to a different one.

You may also want to read my reply to your other thread.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    you can always use tunneling in your advantage.
    Teh n00b.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I'm good for you.
    Does this work for you [assuming you have utorrent]:

Options > Preferences > BitTorrent > Protocol Encryption = Forced, "Accept incoming legacy connections" unticked.
    Restart client.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hello everyone I am new here and am wondering if there are any good free non p2p file sharing systems.
    What about Filenger? If you can send mail it works...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    newsgroupie
    It seems that many wireless broadband companies go to extreme lengths to block out P2P usage, so simple measures like changing the port or enabling packet encryption in the client may not be enough.

A P2P-friendly VPN should get you through your ISP's traffic-shaping induced blockages, as well as un-firewalling your internet connection, and let you continue with torrenting or whatever P2P you are used to using.

Or, as already suggested, you can switch from torrents to direct-download/file-hosting/"cyberlocker" sites or usenet.

Just be aware that regardless of how you defeat the P2P block, a lot of wireless internet providers play hardball with heavy bandwidth users, so it might pay to research complaints about your ISP's policy and enforcement tactics.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    May be you can use a seedbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast