Thread: W32hllp.hantaner Worm

I just became aware that 75% of software downloads from all p2p, contain a worm virus called hantaner worm. Is anyone else aware of this worm and what is it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1.What does this have to do with this forum's section.
    2.Have you tried the verifeds

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    well it is a bad worm,but 75% of all downloads?
    cmon man thats a load horse crap
    maybe one percent of downloads
    you need to provide sources if you are gonna come here and try scare tactics
    if you say over 3/4s of all software provided via p2p networks is infected with this worm i demand plausable and undeniable proof
    so step up and prove it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I ran mcaffee virus scan on my computer and found three hundred 300 , instances of hantaner on my computer, all in downloads from p2p, not just k-lite but several others as well. not scare tatics. If you have mcaffee, check it out yourself.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    if you found the virus after you downloaded you should think about using a AV with realtime scanning capabilty to stop the file before it completes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    Originally posted by popeye222@9 November 2003 - 04:48
    I ran mcaffee virus scan on my computer and found three hundred  300 , instances of hantaner on my computer, all in downloads from p2p, not just k-lite but several others as well. not scare tatics. If you have mcaffee, check it out yourself.
    just because you claim a thing true doesnt make it true
    I virus scan regulary my box is clean
    and let me quote you here
    I just became aware that 75% of software downloads from all p2p
    so because you have several instances of a worm on your box leads you to belive that 75% of all shared programs are infected with this virus?
    here is a word of advice
    real time scanner
    scan frequently in case some get in
    keep you database up to date
    dont warn people unless you have substantial proof other than your word or a virus alert on your box (i.e specific files and or users distributing them with proof to back it up)
    otherwise you are going to get flamed by the posters here and told to stop hollaring that the sky is falling