Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twizted replaced Replica?

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    What other filesharing protocol is relevant these days?
    It depends on who you ask
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I'm just curious. As I explained earlier, DDL or newsgroups are not what I would define as filesharing. So what filesharing protocols besides bittorrent are relevant today? eDonkey / eMule? Still existing, but more or less dead these days. Kazaa? Soulseek? DC?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Where I live on, Ares has more users than torrents. In some countries it's the same with eD2K (Spain, Italy) or DC++ (Romania, I hear).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Really? That comes as a surprise to me. Once in a while, internet traffic statistics (world wide, Europe, North America etc.) are released, and bittorrent takes the lion's share of P2P traffic these days, by quite some distance.

The share of P2P traffic is actually decreasing, as legal alternatives are becoming more important (iTunes, streaming services etc.).

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    What other filesharing protocol is relevant these days?

Private RAR hubs on dc++/airDC if you're lucky to be on them.Single users can be sharing anywhere up to 50tb on their own.
    Last edited by Violator; 03-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I'm aware of Direct Connect. However, the question was how relevant is it today? How many people actually share files over DC these days? Activity went down a lot after numerous busts in the last few years. It's a very 'private' matter these days indeed, for obvious reasons, hence the relevance as a filesharing protocol is rather low.

While the popularity of bittorrent (and P2P in general) suffered from the closure of public trackers / indexes like mininova etc., the torrent scene evolved. Private trackers are more popular than ever, and unlike many other forms of file sharing, bittorrent has actually become a source of pirated material itself, and not just a way of distributing warez released by the traditional scene.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Fair point, I guess it's relative to the individuals circumstance.

I haven't used BT for about 4-5 years.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    I'm good for you.
    DC remains popular in UK universities; Unfortunately the UK infrastructure is particularly shit, to the extent that even the universities network is saturated with users... I know from personal experience that University of Surrey block BT + ports. Only way to sharefiles was through DC.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I have not seen that replica team realeases stuff recently. TWiZTED is a good team as well.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    replies are a bit off topic guys.
    I for one have been collecting DVDR basicly since it was introduced to the scene 8 or 9 years ago.
    I believe one of the first "good" DVDR releases was Lord of the Rings 1, done by a group called Hamburger or was it Replica? Can't remember.
    The movie releases are going more into HD. DVDR container was more than good enough for me. Guess i'll have to get used to HD now.

Anyway, the point is that Twizted have good retail releases and 9 out of 10 ripped perfectly for those who still care about quality DVDR.
    Also the really good movies i buy in stores. Can't beat to have the original sometimes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast