Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3 Teaser - Phenomenal graphics!

FaithFXu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This is why I love PC gaming.

You only get a sneak peak at the new graphics engine but it's enough.. (Switch to 720p and full screen for best effect)

Last edited by FaithFXu; 03-01-2011 at 10:49 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithFXu View Post
    Strange coincidence that you wrote that since just last night I was thinking to myself how most recent graphically superior shooters have been boring failures and that I should reload something with quality level design like No One Lives Forever (circa 2001) back on my computer.
    Btw true story.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Games   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    the grafx look pretty damn good, but too bad i'm more of a run & gun (solo) fps player. i despise team play.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Games   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Looks great. Have been hooked to Bad Company 2, the only decent shooter last year, way superior to the pile of steaming shit Black Ops is.
    This one will have destruction 3.0 and 64 players on each server. Looks like a buy for me.

5. Games   -   #5
    FaithFXu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithFXu View Post
    Strange coincidence that you wrote that since just last night I was thinking to myself how most recent graphically superior shooters have been boring failures and that I should reload something with quality level design like No One Lives Forever (circa 2001) back on my computer.
    Btw true story.

Blame the Console market. PC game development has been hampered by the fact that to make money, you need to develop cross-platform. Meaning graphics these days are limited to technology which came out six years ago. Although it isn't much of an excuse for shitty game play, the success of rubbish like MW2 & Black Ops means developers are going for the quick buck rather developing something honest like DICE.

Have you guys seen the COD parody done by EPIC? Pretty funny and not far form the truth:

6. Games   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i believe this sold me.

Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Games   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Shit, EA is going to stomp on Activision's CoD series with this one.
    Nice, CoD is getting boring, we need some alternatives.

8. Games   -   #8
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Can't effing wait. Let's see what the pre-order deals look like. This and DX: HR are the two main titles I'm looking forward to.

I urge you all to "like" this page, impatiently waiting for the commentary trailer.

For those of us with larger monitors, a new trailer has emerged (12 min trailer in 1080p @ 60fps 1.8gb):

http://static.cdn.ea.com/eagl_online...ll_Trailer.zip
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Games   -   #9
    1.8Gb for a trailer

I just hope its multiplayer rocks, and preferreably this time DICE does decent hardware support, as it took them several patches to solve many compatibility issues, some of which aren't yet solved to this day (i.e. realtek HD support on intel boards).

10. Games   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    UDK trailers get pretty big too Caby.

I read at a forum that there were plans for cross-multiplayer. ie. Live, PSN and PC online players playing together, is there any truth in this?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast