Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Requests

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthair View Post
    I am always looking for a CHD or HDbits invite, both are pretty much out of my reach, but I still try :-) I have a very pretty 50 inch Plasma with a nice sound system, audioengine speakers sound great :-D I just love HD content. I use HD-torrents to death, but they often lack in some aspects. Can't blame me for striving for the best sites :-p I got plenty of proofs, and a dedicated OVH seedbox if you wish to see proofs or a speedtest off the box.
    CHD is having their birthday, very soon. Wait for that and use up their open signups.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    Hi, nice post you have here. Generous offer. What I've really been looking for is an invite to an HDTV tracker. What I really mean by HDTV tracker is a site that has raw uncompressed HDTV files, not just compressed mkv rips. A lot of these kinds of files are widely available, but not on any trackers that I know of. They are out there though, so I know there are private trackers that have them too. If someone wants to know why that's what I'm looking for, I can explain, but there are many legitimate reasons why. I can also provide ratioproofs and speedtests, just let me know. And I'd be happy to answer any other questions as well. Thanks in advance for any possible consideration or information.

Furthermore, if anyone can simply tell me some trackers they know of that definitely have uncompressed HDTV content, I would really appreciate that as well, and then I can keep an eye out on my own in the future. The only one I know of for sure is hdbits.org, and I'm not holding my breath for that one. So any other general information would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by jkl49; 03-03-2011 at 03:30 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl49 View Post
    Furthermore, if anyone can simply tell me some trackers they know of that definitely have uncompressed HDTV content, I would really appreciate that as well, and then I can keep an eye out on my own in the future.
    If you're talking about untouched Blu-Ray, then I know there's also Blu-Torrents - but it can be tough to keep a good ratio when you're dealing with those huge files.
    Last edited by anon; 03-03-2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: It's a bit late. Can't believe my brain works well enough to write this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    Furthermore, if anyone can simply tell me some trackers they know of that definitely have uncompressed HDTV content, I would really appreciate that as well, and then I can keep an eye out on my own in the future. The only one I know of for sure is hdbits.org, and I'm not holding my breath for that one. So any other general information would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...=1#post3563631

Most of the full Blurays or remuxes are 50%, 75% or even full free leech on most of the better trackers. While their size demands a lot of storage, seeding back usually isn't that much of a problem, especially on the larger trackers.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'd love to have a TT invite I'm trancholic and I can't get every thing I need easy so having an account there will make my life full of beats and I'll live happy for the rest of my life !!! plz plz plz help me !!

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    I'm not so-much talking about bluray, but HDTV content in specific. I even used that term repeatedly I guess for a reason, but I can see how it's not clear - I even had a sentence about bluray rips that I was going to say but I didn't want my post to be too wordy or presumptious.

For what it's worth, I capture some HDTV stuff myself and have been doing so for a few years, and have had/collected my first uncompressed hdtv files as far back as 2005. I could (and would) even upload HDTV content myself, however with many trackers, normal users aren't allowed to upload, and I can see rules being even more strict when it comes to HD stuff, so that point is probably moot. There are a very large number of uncompressed HDTV 'releases' out there, so my guess is there are torrent sites that have some of them too. I'm not too picky as of yet, any tracker that has that kind of content at all would be really interesting to me, even if it's not in large numbers. If not, even some names of decent ones would be a great point in the right direction. I took a look at the above link and will keep those sites in mind, thanks. I must say the post was quite informative and in-depth, if only there was a similar post that was just as comprehensive for HDTV content. Thanks a lot for the replies, cheers.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by thrap View Post
    I'd love to have a TT invite I'm trancholic and I can't get every thing I need easy so having an account there will make my life full of beats and I'll live happy for the rest of my life !!! plz plz plz help me !!
    I hope you're being sarcastic.

No, seriously.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by thrap View Post
    No luck here: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/1...ave-TT-account ?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    aly13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Mystake
    Last edited by aly13; 03-03-2011 at 09:56 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    For what it's worth, I capture some HDTV stuff myself and have been doing so for a few years, and have had/collected my first uncompressed hdtv files as far back as 2005. I could (and would) even upload HDTV content myself, however with many trackers, normal users aren't allowed to upload, and I can see rules being even more strict when it comes to HD stuff, so that point is probably moot. There are a very large number of uncompressed HDTV 'releases' out there, so my guess is there are torrent sites that have some of them too. I'm not too picky as of yet, any tracker that has that kind of content at all would be really interesting to me, even if it's not in large numbers. If not, even some names of decent ones would be a great point in the right direction. I took a look at the above link and will keep those sites in mind, thanks. I must say the post was quite informative and in-depth, if only there was a similar post that was just as comprehensive for HDTV content. Thanks a lot for the replies, cheers.
    Every kind of 'HDTV' content is compressed. Lossy compression algorithms like h.264, VC-1 or MPEG2 are used to compress the raw data. When you explicitly talked about 'uncompressed' HD content, me and others in this thread thought of full Bluray rips, releases that are of the highest possible quality standard for consumers these days. To be frank, HDTV content looks crap in comparison, since much lower bitrates are used. HDTV rips look even worse than strongly compressed Bluray encodes, 1080p or 720p re-encodes of the original Bluray streams using the free x264 encoder. That's why most trackers only allow HDTV rips of movies if there is no Bluray rip existing yet. And even for TV shows, HDTV rips are slowly being replaced by WEB-DL content that is of higher quality.

HDTV rips still have their place, of course, e.g. for rare movies, documentaries, shows etc. that will likely never be released on Bluray or available as Web-DL. But that's a niche. Those Chinese trackers I listed in my post do have a lot of HDTV content, too. Other good sources for HDTV rips are HD-Torrents and Bit-HDTV.
    Last edited by shipwreck; 03-03-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast