Thread: usenet equivalent sites for best foreign language torrent trackers

Poster
    I am thinking of jumping the torrent ship for good in favor of usenet. Usenet just seems much simpler and torrenting seems far too complicated than it needs to be by far.

I was wondering though what are the best usenet equivalents for the best foreign language focused trackers such as:

jpopsuki (for Japanese) <- I'm a member here but would rather delete the account and solely use usenet
    bithumen (for Hungarian)
    best language trackers for Danish, Korean, Polish, Norwegian, and Swedish

Thanks for your input as I make this transition.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Lost Soul
    My top 5 must join. You will find these sites in one way or another will cater for every need you will have.

NZB sites must join

www.nzbmatrix.com (small one-time fee)
    www.merlins-portal.net (free)
    www.filesharingtalk.com (free)
    www.kleverig.nl (XXX free)
    www.newzbin.com (subscription)

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    Thank you k2bug, but I only want to focus on foreign language material if at all possible. Btw, I assume the sites you listed are user indexed since that is much safer, correct?

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Lost Soul
    Yes and they do all languages so u can focus on whatever you want too.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Usenet Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown1_ View Post
    I am thinking of jumping the torrent ship for good in favor of usenet. Usenet just seems much simpler and torrenting seems far too complicated than it needs to be by far.

I was wondering though what are the best usenet equivalents for the best foreign language focused trackers such as:

jpopsuki (for Japanese) <- I'm a member here but would rather delete the account and solely use usenet
    bithumen (for Hungarian)
    best language trackers for Danish, Korean, Polish, Norwegian, and Swedish

Thanks for your input as I make this transition.
    I haven't found any newsgroup that can replace asian sites like Jpopsuki, hello online, and the like. There are newsgroups that get some asian material, like music and some shows, but it does not compare to the volume of material available at jpopsuki, for example. I recommend you keep that account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I recommend you keep that account.
    i second that

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster
    Ok, will do then. I hope the outcome with the others languages I posted about isn't analogous to the outcome regarding content for Japanese with torrents & usenet. I am really hoping there is an equivalent of the high level language trackers on usenet....

Edit: Actually. Hmm... Are either of you proficient in Japanese? I just did a search for usenet sites in Japan but I searched in Japanese and came up with this:
    http://www.yynet.org/top100jp/

Have you perused that list and STILL arrived at the conclusion that sites like jpopsuki/hello online are far superior to Japanese usenet sites?

OR

Was your assessment based on usenet sites focused on Japanese content that are geared towards English speakers instead of usenet sites that are 100% in the Japanese language and focus only on Japanese content?

If the former, then keep jpopsuki I will do. But if the latter is true then that means that I can toss the jpopsuki account and focus on usenet sites in the Japanese language only. I think this also means that I'll have to transfer any further queries about usenet sites in foreign languages to actual forums like this one (FST) that only communicate in the language I'm focusing on to locate the usenet equivalents of trackers like TS-Tracker for German or Bithumen for Hungarian etc. etc.

Sound about right?