Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size Of Average Dvd

Proffesional Dumbass
    im going to start burning some dvd's with dvd x copy, but before that i would like to know what the average size of a dvd with all the extra features is (an exact copy)

i know from each movie it will vary but just on average

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Digital video disk; a type of compact disc that holds far more information than the CD-ROMs that are used for storing music files. A DVD can hold a minimum of 4.7 GB, enough for a full-length movie. An average movie with extra feature is about 4.9 GB.

Edit: You can find more stuff over here

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Proffesional Dumbass
    so to fit it onto a 4.7 gig disc i would need to rip some features out?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Just visit the link and it will explain everything.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Proffesional Dumbass
    k thanks for the help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    a lot of MGM discs and older discs from other studios typically come in under the 4.37gb mark, and some still do... but anything with a running time beyond 2 hours, including a lot of extra features, or having two versions of the movie (i.e. widescreen + pan n scan) on one side will prolly be too big and you'll have to chop it up by removing the extra features, removing the secondary audio tracks, or only copying the widescreen version & not the pan n scan.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    avarage is about 7 to 9 gigs i belive which means you will need 2 dvd with one movie but i belive that dvd x copy platinum with fit it on to one dvd now

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    for people too lazy to click on the link>>>i'm looking at you, swarnel
    single layer dvd-4.37gigs
    dual layer dvd-7.95gigs

Dual layer DVD burners are unavailable right now to consumers, with a few exceptions.

If you have a dvd burner and dvddecryptor you can burn single layer dvd's "as is". No need to do anything special, just follow the guides on www.doom9.org's page and it's done. Newer movies tend to be dual layer with 5 channel sound. Not as easy to deal with them.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    If you're gonna playback these movies on a set top box, i suggest you find out what kind of disks you DVD player will accept. IE DVD RW/+/-.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    The primary disk holds around 4.7GB. But the second disk, with the extra goodies, is often compressed and I find can be capable of holding anywhere to 6GB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast