Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OrlyDB - Download Files From It

Quote Originally Posted by fileshatra View Post
    However now we are a bit off topic, so how i download those files if i can't find 'em anywhere? (But they exsist however!)
    NZB indexer sites? Trackers? DDL forums? Google?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Like i said, Usenext is a shit, scamemr site. The best are Giganews and Astraweb (this last one VERY great!).

However now we are a bit off topic, so how i download those files if i can't find 'em anywhere? (But they exsist however!)
    Are you acquainted with searches on nzbindex.nl or newsleecher's supersearch ?

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    fileshatra's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    mh....... thanks, newsleecher's supersearch is very good! But it searchs in every nzb site?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    For example: Hawaii.Five.0.S01E01.Aloha.Steve.McGarrett.GERMAN.DUBBED.DL.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

This file there's but i can't download it cuz i can't find it!! (and much other stuff new or old).
    Where did you search? I see it is posted to usenet more than once. https://www.yabsearch.com/search/Haw...HDTV.x264-euHD

They might exist but that does not mean they are posted to usenet. OrlyDB is a scene database that keeps track of the latest stuff released, not all of it gets posted to usenet. In fact most of it doesn't.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 03-12-2011 at 05:13 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Thank you, what's this "YabSearch"? Is good?

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    It's in our nzb index.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Where did you search? I see it is posted to usenet more than once. https://www.yabsearch.com/search/Haw...HDTV.x264-euHD

They might exist but that does not mean they are posted to usenet. OrlyDB is a scene database that keeps track of the latest stuff released, not all of it gets posted to usenet. In fact most of it doesn't.
    In fact, very few scene releases don't end up posted to usenet.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    OrlyDB is a dupe database, a pretty good / complete one at that. It lists all the releases in the various categories that have been released by the scene over the years. It just lists them, it's not a source itself. The original purpose of dupe databases was for sceners to check for 'dupes', already released software, games, movies, music etc. they intended to release. If no dupe existed, they could release.

The vast majority of scene releases makes it to P2P, newsgroups, DDL forums etc., but not every single one of them. Even scene FTP sites don't store every release, depending on their rules. And then there are internal releases that aren't made to be 'traded' and to remain on the affil sites. So to make sure you get that specific release you can't find anywhere, you'd need an account on one of the scene FTP sites that group is affil on.

P2P emulated this concept with 'internal groups' on private bittorrent trackers, albeit without the dupe rules. While most of those internal releases make it to other trackers, newsgroups, DDL forums etc., not all of them do. So if you're looking for a specific release, you may have to join the tracker also.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    In fact, very few scene releases don't end up posted to usenet.
    So.....where?

@ shipwreck Ok, thank you so much .

I wanna know a thing...... what's the biggest and best DDL forum? Warez-BB?

And then..... where i can find this "FTP Private Site"? There's way to get in?

Thanks.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I wanna know a thing...... what's the biggest and best DDL forum? Warez-BB?
    That's the biggest one I know.

And then..... where i can find this "FTP Private Site"? There's way to get in?
    I'm not sure, but I think "private" may be the keyword here.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast