Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CHDBits VS HDBits

And you need excellent AV gear to be actually able to tell the difference, hardware 99% of the torrenters don't have.

The best thing about the 'slower' encodes is not quality foremost, as 'faster' P2P encoding groups like CHD are very very good already. It's the 'extras' like integrated subtitles, chapters, commentary streams etc., all the stuff that the MKV format allows and which make it such a great container for video. But not just HDBits internals are very good in this regard, I mentioned other sites with excellent internal encoders earlier.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well what can you say, haters gonna hate
    CHD rls are fast/quality...what else do you want from em? lets say if i want to dl The.Chronicles.of.Narnia.The.Voyage.of.the.Dawn.Treader.2010.Bluray.720p.DTS.x264-CHD, Shall i just w8 if some1 is kind enough to take a rls from CHD and upload to HDBits? or shall i w8 for another month and hoping for their "internal rls"?
    Last edited by Di@monds; 03-11-2011 at 02:40 AM.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    Well what can you say, haters gonna hate
    CHD rls are fast/quality...what else do you want from em? lets say if i want to dl The.Chronicles.of.Narnia.The.Voyage.of.the.Dawn.Treader.2010.Bluray.720p.DTS.x264-CHD, Shall i just w8 if some1 is kind enough to take a rls from CHD and upload to HDBits? or shall i w8 for another month and hoping for their "internal rls"?
    wait? what for? it's been reupped to hdb 19 hours ago. sometimes chd releases are uploaded to hdb at the same time they're released at chd like it was with black swan

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    HDBits

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Just like to know
    I have full blu-ray of movie TRON: Legacy 2010 1080p Blu-ray US AVC DTS-HD MA 7.1-CHDBits
    after that do I need to download the CtrlHD Encode release, they just release the Tron.Legacy.2010.BluRay.1080p.DTS-ES.x264-CtrlHD
    I don't compare anything I just want to know I have the full blu-ray and CtrlHD is the best encoder for blu-ray disk so which one will be the best to see this movie. CtrlHD also mention their source is TRON: Legacy 2010 1080p Blu-ray US AVC DTS-HD MA 7.1-CHDBits.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    An encode can never be as good as the untouched full Bluray, no matter how skilled the encoder is. Encodes use lossy compression algorithms, so there's always a loss of (video) quality involved. How much depends on the settings, bitrate, skills of the encoder. The better the encoder, the more the encode is close to transparency (-> visually no difference to the original source). However, the quality can never be as good in principle.

If you prefer the MKV format, you can create your own remux from that CHD full Bluray release. Newbies can use automatic tools like MakeMKV. A remux has the same video (and nowadays usually audio) quality than the original source, since it leaves them untouched. The original video, audio and subtitle streams are muxed into a new container, MKV. There are groups that release remuxes, HiFi is the most active one, A-HD internal group.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    @shipwreck
    Thank you very much for your reply

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Just remember that you need a properly configured, modern (HT)PC, or one of the newer, better media streamers on the market to fully enjoy 'untouched' Bluray releases, be it Bluray folders / ISO like that CHD release you mentioned, or remuxes. HD audio bitstreaming (DTSHD, Dolby TrueHD) is only supported by few HTPCs and media streamers, for example. And you need a newer AV receiver that supports HDMI 1.3 and can decode HD audio streams.

For instance, that Tron Bluray you mentioned has a lossless 7.1 DTSHD-MA audio stream, which sounds brilliant with the right hardware (most Blurays have lossless audio, but only a few have 24Bit 7.1 streams, it's usually 5.1). If you don't have HD audio compatible receiver and media player / HTPC, you can save the bandwidth and download an encode instead. Encodes usually only include lossy compressed audio streams (DTS Core, Dolby Digital), with few exceptions.

Furthermore, remuxes save you quite a lot of space and bandwidth, too, with no loss in audio and video quality that is. That's what more people are starting to realise now, and hence the popularity of remuxes is growing.
    Last edited by shipwreck; 03-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    HD audio bitstreaming (DTSHD, Dolby TrueHD) is only supported by few HTPCs and media streamers, for example. And you need a newer AV receiver that supports HDMI 1.3 and can decode HD audio streams.
    AV receiver with HDMI 1.3 is very high price in my country, is it possible to use a sound card of sound blaster or asus with latest hardware to get the 7.1 DTS-HD MA.
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...NiQ&templete=2
    Last edited by ElitUser; 03-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    You mean you want to let your sound card decode the HD audio stream and send the decoded, uncompressed PCM stream via HDMI to your receiver? If that's what you mean, then yes. For that, you don't need a HDMI 1.3 compatible AV receiver with HD audio decoding capability, an older (HDMI 1.2 and older) receiver is enough. You do need a receiver with HDMI input however, since older digital inputs like Coax or S/PDIF don't provide the necessary bandwidth for a uncompressed, decoded 5.1 or even 7.1 PCM stream.
    Last edited by shipwreck; 03-12-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: fuck automerge - re-edited.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast