Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These congressional hearings

惡魔的提倡者
    Set up by IRA terrorist supporter and fundraiser Peter King.

Ideological fear mongering on the taxpayer dollar?
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Pretty much, yes.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    the word congressional makes this thread too complex for most users here

I always assume every politician that takes an ideological stance against something is obviously involved in something of a very similar manner.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Hmmm... let's see... who was responsible for...

9-11
    The Shoe Bomber
    The Crotch Bomber
    The Snipers at Gas Stations
    The Oregon Bomb Plot
    The Fort Hood Masacre

???

Was it Austrian Atheists? No.

Was it Jehova's Witnesses? No.

Who was involved in those incidents?

Are we no longer allowed to speak about who they were?

Have we allowed Political Correctness to go so far that we can no longer freely discuss such matters in public forums such as congress?

This fear of profiling has gone so far that reporters will soon have to report the news like this.

"An incident happened today involving two humans. Please be on the lookout for two humans." Because we won't be able to dare mention religion, race, ethnicity, background info, because it might offend someone.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者
    There has been more domestic terrorist acts by white supremacists, anti government groups, anti abortion groups, right wing political groups, left wing political groups all claiming to be Christian than there have been terrorist attacks by Muslims. Yet no congressional hearings for those. Why?

However, seeing as you seem to think these hearing are needed, could you please explain what will be achieved? Do you feel that our anti terrorist agencies are unaware of certain threats?
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 03-11-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    the word congressional makes this thread too complex for most users here

I always assume every politician that takes an ideological stance against something is obviously involved in something of a very similar manner.
    I agree. They could have used a word with one syllable. Then even I could understand.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Hmmm... let's see... who was responsible for...

9-11
    The Shoe Bomber
    The Crotch Bomber
    The Snipers at Gas Stations
    The Oregon Bomb Plot
    The Fort Hood Masacre

???

Was it Austrian Atheists? No.

Was it Jehova's Witnesses? No.

Who was involved in those incidents?

Are we no longer allowed to speak about who they were?

Have we allowed Political Correctness to go so far that we can no longer freely discuss such matters in public forums such as congress?

This fear of profiling has gone so far that reporters will soon have to report the news like this.

"An incident happened today involving two humans. Please be on the lookout for two humans." Because we won't be able to dare mention religion, race, ethnicity, background info, because it might offend someone.
    Extremism != community
    One small logical equation to debase your entire argument, you make it too easy

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Celine Dion
    Justin Bieber

And yet, no hearings about Canada.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    That's because Alex Trebek, longtime Canadian sleeper agent, has a lot of clout in Congress.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    There has been more domestic terrorist acts by white supremacists, anti government groups, anti abortion groups, right wing political groups, left wing political groups all claiming to be Christian than there have been terrorist attacks by Muslims.

I haven't heard about them on the news, and I would certainly think they would be screaming about them if that was true. They try to bury the fact and downplay it whenever Muslims are involved.

Yet no congressional hearings for those. Why?

Who's stopping you? Knock yourself out. My guess is that it is so rare, that has been no need for any hearings yet. Or that they don't effect the general public. In other words, they don't target airplanes used by the general public, or huge buildings where the general public works, or Christmas tree lighting events in downtown Portland, where the general public might gather.

However, seeing as you seem to think these hearing are needed, could you please explain what will be achieved?

It would be nice if the government would at least admit that there is a growing problem from religious extremists, instead of denying that the problem exists.

Do you feel that our anti terrorist agencies are unaware of certain threats?

They might be aware, but they might also be told by government officials to ignore them because we wouldn't want to upset or offend anybody, now would we?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast