Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Fix Corrupted Avi Files?

Man I just got Open Range and all THREE parts only let you watch about 7 seconds!! When i try to use Divxfix it always seems to freeze while either rebuilding or stripping the damned indexes! How do you REALLY fix these movies? And are there uncorrupted versions of Open Range and Pirates of the Caribbean out there?!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    Fastest way is if you find someone with correct versions and ask them to use zidrav, which you will also do to see which part that are corrupted and then get only those parts from the other person. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/zidrav/)

You can try avipreview tho (the console version that is, not the gui one) http://www.biryani.demon.co.uk/software/avipreview.html don't hope for too much tho, it just gets the working parts out of the corrupted file. It will most certainly lead to sync faults etc.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    You can use Vdub to remove Bad frames. Using the key frames you can edit the bad parts out. If it is important to the plot you may want to use other methods.

If you want to try ill send you the badframe guide.

Cheers SMID

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I've downloaded the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' but it gives an error 'Corrupted File'. But I couldn't understand the explanation given above, so please explain what can I do?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Man I just got Open Range and all THREE parts only let you watch about 7 seconds!! When i try to use Divxfix it always seems to freeze while either rebuilding or stripping the damned indexes! How do you REALLY fix these movies? And are there uncorrupted versions of Open Range and Pirates of the Caribbean out there?!
    sounds like u download a dud movie they play for only a few secs then just stop or crash...

god dam this all started when the Hulk first hit the net...

i can only recomend u download it again of suprnova

http://www.suprnova.org/

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by buggymattus@10 October 2003 - 09:56
    How do you REALLY fix these movies?
    With KCF. But with the way it sounds, they're probably fakes or one of your sources is using the hash vulnerability to mess up the file.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    In my experience, you spend more time trying to fix a bad file when it wold be quicker to get a verified correct one.
    The previous links shold eradicate any bad files.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Hmmm..thankx guys. I tried videofix, virtualdub AND divxfix. With the videofix i actually got about 1 min or so but then it would go now further. I definitely think these are files purposely corrupted and put out on the network to frustrate ppl!! The same thing happened when Pirates of the Caribbean 1st came out....well i guess I'll just have to wait on a tru blu version to come out

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    KCF every time (it just redownloads the faulty bits) never failed for me !

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@12 October 2003 - 13:52
    KCF every time (it just redownloads the faulty bits) never failed for me !
    Yep if you are willing to invest a bit of time to fully understand it it works great.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast