Although this price cut was announced a month ago, I just learned about it.

PRICE CUT!

WE ARE LOWERING OUR REGULAR PRICES!
25-27% Price cut, depending on plan!

Ngroups.NET opened its doors on November 1, 2003. Our reliability, fast support, and dedication to quality has since then earned us a leading position among the non-independent Usenet Newsgroup service providers.
We now have the honor to announce a 25-27% price cut on our regular prices for our popular "Unlimited Eco" accounts!

* Unlimited Eco Monthy: $14.99 -> $10.99 USD ( -27%)
* Unlimited Eco Quarterly: $39.97 -> $29.97 USD ( -25%)

As before, the "Unlimited Eco" accounts include:

* Access to our servers in both US and Europe
* 30 simultaneous connections to each server
* Free SSL access
* Full binary group retention. (Over 923 days!)
* Full text group retention. (Over 3 years in most text groups.)

...and the cost is only $10.99 USD per month, for as long as you keep the subscription!
(Or as low as $9.99 USD per month, if paid Quarterly.)
http://ngroups.net/a1/services/usenet/pricecut2011.php

Although these prices don't exactly beat the specials that Ngroups has offered in the past, this is different because these are their regular prices, and not just one of those limited-time 'backpage' specials. I don't know of any other established high-retention providers that have 11 bucks/month *regular* prices for unlimited SSL (though Supernews comes close) so Ngroups may be in a sense setting a new standard.

I know, I know - it's not exactly revolutionary, and not likely to make the price-mavens here at FST switch providers. But to me, it's always good news when a company sets a new low-price threshold for others to follow. And unlike fuel prices, usenet continues to get cheaper every year - a process that Giganews sales director, Liz Kintzele, once called "the race to the bottom" that she promised Giganews will never participate in.

But more importantly, if anyone here subscribes to Ngroups, make sure to check your bill to see that they are passing along the price cut to existing customers.