Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP? Yeah, I heard about it...

Hey race. I got question that might be useful for lots of us.
    Ok, how u might already guess, its about bittorent tracker VIP's.

Requirements for becomig a VIP almost same for every the tracker:
    Assigned by Administrators at their discretion to users they feel contribute something special to the site. (Anyone begging for VIP status will be automatically disqualified.)
    Huh, cool. HOW should regular member understand that?
    "What can I possibly contribute for the site?" - he will ask himself. So did I. Than, what would normal user do if he would be interested? Fcourse, ask staff! So did I.
    Im quoting the answer
    Well, its easy as pie mate, u just gotta be awesome.
    "Huh", - I asked him, "how do I become an awesome man?"
    The answer was even more understandable
    "Its not about even being awesome, its about they think u are."
    Next face expressions will literally show u mine face at the moment I saw the answer - , and right after that .

Yeah, so there it is, Im asking u guys, either ur a VIP or u just know how to become one, please explain me how can normal user become a VIP?
    yeah, and...Ill be keeping this huge secret

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ass-kissing. True.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post
    ass-kissing. True.
    +1

And spend a lot of time on the IRC, giggling like a little girl when one of the mods cracks some childish joke or goes on calling someone a jew or a nigger. It's a very popular occupation on IRC.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm good for you.
    VIP is more often than not easily achieved through donation, found more often or not on sites which don't have a solid community.

However, being VIP on sites which do have a community usually means: helping out in the forums, posting guides, coding for the site, and in general just having your nick recognised in the BT world...

I remember I tried becoming a VIP on TheBox.bz, wrote 3 guides by hand [1 of which got stickied], filled about 20 requests, helped newbs out in the forums... I gave up after I saw a recently joined VIP who's account was less 5 days old. I thought if this f*ck can just walk on here and staff value his contributions more, then cba with this. Never thought twice about it
    Last edited by TONiC; 03-14-2011 at 02:27 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    antrax34130,Cabalo
    Huh, but how about

(Anyone begging for VIP status will be automatically disqualified.)
    Pure lies?

TONiC
    THATS EXACTLY MINE SITUATION. I filled requests for moar then 200 GB, wrote a tone of different useful stuff but 4 no use. I can not just ask moder with it and add "So, like...pretty lot work I made, yeah? Being helpful totally like a VIP, I was...yea...Ok...So, d'u have in planes to appoint another VIP?"
    Last edited by get8p; 03-14-2011 at 02:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Ffs ... Why do you want to be a VIP at a tracker?
    Because it would make you feel better, important, cool, l33t, etc ... it doesn't, ok.

Just act like a decent member. If you feel like filling requests, donating, being active or helping out in any way you can think of just do it, without asking something in return.
    Will save you a lot of disappointment and shattered dreams.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    iRC and MMORPGs are the biggest time wasters existing. You see your life fly by without even knowing what you actually did in all those weeks, months, even years. It's sad.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Ffs ... Why do you want to be a VIP at a tracker?
    Because it would make you feel better, important, cool, l33t, etc ... it doesn't, ok.
    LOLUVGOTTABEKIDDINGMEY
    Ill tell u little secret...
    Spoiler: Show

Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Just act like a decent member. If you feel like filling requests, donating, being active or helping out in any way you can think of just do it, without asking something in return.
    I already did that.

Sorry mate, but your advice = 0.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    If you need someone to rub your ego, on something that doesn't really matter, in real life...you have self-esteem issues...

Conversation over...
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 03-14-2011 at 02:58 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    But the million dollar question: why are you trying to become VIP at hdbits ?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast