Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why does Christian Bale get lead roles?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i've always thought that was one of his best roles and quite frankly imo that's what CB does best. sux that u didn't like it.
    I don't really like being forced to hate things and people (I like to do so on my own accord), so when I am forced to, I hate them even more than I normally would. CB's best work that I've seen so far has been in The Fighter, but it's not a saving grace performance. While I was already down watching shitty movies, I also watched The Last Airbender movie. I now hate M. Night Shyamalan for life, that fucking child rapist. I may have liked the village, or 6th sense the first time, but most of his recent stuff leading up to a complete gang rape of an amazing story, it's just unacceptable. I feel sorry if TLA was the only exposure you had to the Avatar series, but at least you didn't have to watch a great thing get skull fucked. I'm pretty sure there are similar stories.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-19-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: proper quoting

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You liked The Village?Sorry but any thought of speaking with authority about what's worthwhile and what isn't pretty much faded right there.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You liked The Village?Sorry but any thought of speaking with authority about what's worthwhile and what isn't pretty much faded right there.
    Sure did, though I'm already used to not having a lot of people on my side about that one. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say in person that they loved the Village. I think it makes me like it even more... it's mine, my village!

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Sure did, though I'm already used to not having a lot of people on my side about that one. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say in person that they loved the Village. I think it makes me like it even more... it's mine, my village!
    Every one needs a fool, right?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I think you meant to say *idiot

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by velya View Post
    he is one of the best looking guys in the world ..

maybe that is why
    No, apparently this is the best looking guy in the world
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...y-for-this-guy

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    I don't know you well enough to call you an idiot....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by velya View Post
    he is one of the best looking guys in the world ..

maybe that is why
    No, apparently this is the best looking guy in the world
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...y-for-this-guy
    No, staff leaves that thread since it was iLUVNZB's first of the type, but he posts about six of those a day now. It's a lot of work for staff to delete his constant outpourings of man-love.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-22-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    That sounds like a difficult process. I don't know how many years it would have taken to get to know everyone that I've called an idiot, my socializing capacity just wouldn't be able to cope. You should have just made a judgment call on it, "the village fool" just doesn't have the same ring to it. I wouldn't mind being the Village idiot, just as long as I'm not the Village policeman, or construction worker. I don't like being in a position of authority and I don't like manual labor.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39

That sounds like a difficult process. I don't know how many years it would have taken to get to know everyone that I've called an idiot, my socializing capacity just wouldn't be able to cope. You should have just made a judgment call on it, "the village fool" just doesn't have the same ring to it. I wouldn't mind being the Village idiot, just as long as I'm not the Village policeman, or construction worker. I don't like being in a position of authority and I don't like manual labor.
    You gain personal redemption points for such an answer. You have hope yet...

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I could state the obvious that his movies make a lot of money and until they cease to do so irritating to you as it is he will still be offered leading roles but I won't.

As for his l acting skill I think you are confusing lack of range with lack of talent. Some actors can convey a great deal without outwardly expressing a lot .
    Suggest for (maybe ) better appreciation of what he has to offer you watch The Machinist or Harsh Times or American Psycho or The Fighter.
    Saw "The Fighter" last night. Never knew how easily a homeless crackhead role came to him. The film itself (plot wise) was meh.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast