65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 58.46%
  • No.

19 29.23%
  • Don't care...

8 12.31%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What trackers offer - Do you think it's still useful?

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The rarity column is shit because it leads to this:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/431873-NB-why-...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Usenet Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    The rarity column is shit because it leads to this:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/431873-NB-why-...
    That's one of the shit columns for sure. I can think of four others--torrents, members, seeders and leechers--that are practically useless and are already part of the ratings (speed, content, etc.) in one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Most of the people commenting are very knowledgeable about the trackers listed. I think it should be kept for new members, less knowledgeable members and lurkers. Perhaps they will see a reference to an open signup thread or want to know what to look out for, or otherwise use it as a reference to sites. It is useful for whatever information it provides. If someone steps in to update it, all the better.

Just because some folks will use the rarity column to value a tracker invite/account does not mean the column is useless. It may discourage a hopeless request. Further, I don't think that removing that category or the list will snuff out the interest in "levels."

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    motorsport1989's Avatar anti-trader BT Rep: +4
    i vote yes

Valentino Rossi,Ducati Team,Mrkus Schulz,trance music

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    WTO is obsolete. It should be closed. I do not know who created it.
    Last edited by pastoral; 04-02-2011 at 03:42 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Should it stay?
    Any sort of material on a website that attracts even the smallest group of people to the content is worth saving.

So absolutely yes!!!, if people don't like it.... they won't use it...

Should it be updated?

Yea it should be updated, this doesn't need to be done crazily.. But a few times a year updates would be nice.
    I know I have referred to it a few times to inform members on a website, and what they have to offer/redirecting them to the WTO thread.

So yes, but it doesn't need to be overkill.

*if anything the rarity column should be removed, but then again people will just refer to another list... lol
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 04-04-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234