Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Libya, here we come...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Why are they not interfering in Bahrain? Rebels are being killed there. This situation in Libya will inevitably move from a proposed no fly zone to to air strikes on air defences and possibly firing on any of Gadaffi forces trying to regain any ground. This has just been confirmed by an UK cabinet member talking on BBC as I type this. Sad.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Really? This is a problem?

'Liberating' Iraq? Cool. Hanging out there for years? Good times.

But when the UN wants to do it, presumably with less of a 'fuck you world, we've got imaginary weapons to find' kind of attitude, that's where you draw the line?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Why are they not interfering in Bahrain?

I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

And what about the protesters in Iran? Or Yemen? No help for them, either.

Rebels are being killed there. This situation in Libya will inevitably move from a proposed no fly zone to to air strikes on air defences and possibly firing on any of Gadaffi forces trying to regain any ground. This has just been confirmed by an UK cabinet member talking on BBC as I type this. Sad.
    Off to fight another war we won't win.

I guess we'll keep doing this sort of thing until our economy collapses to the point where we can no longer afford to do such things. Nothing else will stop us.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

But when the UN wants to do it, presumably with less of a 'fuck you world, we've got imaginary weapons to find' kind of attitude, that's where you draw the line?
    But this President campaigned on a promise of ending the wars in the middle east.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

What happened to them, now that Bush is out of office?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

But this President campaigned on a promise of ending the wars in the middle east.

Presumably not protesting against Obama, since it's the UN. Early days, though. And for that matter, it might be something to do with the fact that this is not about hurf blurf nucular wmds.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

Every war in the last 65 years has crossed my line. The days of the UK interfering in others 'wars' should have ended when the U.S. took over policing the world. We were told by the 'rebels' in Libya 'Westerners stay out! We don't want you'. Changed days. The last quote cry was ' They are firing back at us. We need help'.

Libya has asked for U.N. observers to be brought in to ensure that the ceasefire has been observed.

I realize that civilians are going to suffer in any war. Artillery mounted on the back of a four by fours used to take Benghazi and other towns apparently does not kill any civilians.

Watch the rules gradually changing in order to get rid of Gadaffi altogether.
    Last edited by bigboab; 03-18-2011 at 09:50 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

Every war in the last 65 years has crossed my line. The days of the UK interfering in others 'wars' should have ended when the U.S. took over policing the world. We were told by the 'rebels' in Libya 'Westerners stay out! We don't want you'. Changed days. The last quote cry was ' They are firing back at us. We need help'.

Libya has asked for U.N. observers to be brought in to ensure that the ceasefire has been observed.

I realize that civilians are going to suffer in any war. Artillery mounted on the back of a four by fours used to take Benghazi and other towns apparently does not kill any civilians.

Watch the rules gradually changing in order to get rid of Gadaffi altogether.
    Not really disagreeing with not invading other nations for fun and profit, but if I were to grade the pretext to invasions, Iraq was far worse. Also, I should have quoted what I was responding to.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-18-2011 at 10:25 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

Yeah man, we like need to stop... the UN war machine. We will no longer pay $0.20 to $0.42 on our caramel machiato latte frappe supreme to like, build up more UN army clones and bombs man!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I should have quoted what I was responding to.
    I realised my mistake after I posted. Senior moment.

It appears that as far as democracy is concerned the U.S.A. draws a line in the sand:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12792637
    Last edited by bigboab; 03-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast