Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a good Hide IP program

mike160's Avatar Old School
    @ roland how are the speeds on Hotspot Shield caues alot of them free ones slow down you internet speeds and @ gibzero thanks for tor browser but this works with Firefox i dont like Firefox never have i dont know why so many people use it for me its Internet Explorer

Edit : Thanks anon-sbi Hostizzle does look like one of the best free ones out there will try this one out
    Last edited by mike160; 03-20-2011 at 07:26 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I think it slows you down a little, just like any VPN, paid or otherwise.You really can't expect it not to.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I think it slows you down a little, just like any VPN, paid or otherwise.You really can't expect it not to.
    I don't know about now, but the last time I used it you could barely surf. Not to mention the ads they stuck at the top of every page. Doesn't help that people in my country use it as a solution for P2P shaping, either...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i thought you could get ban for useing app's like this that hide your ip when useing torrents sites is ant this considered some way of cheating i dont want this for hideing my ip from torrents just realy for surfing the internet anon-sbi would this vpn you were telling me about Hostizzle would this hide my ip from p2p when uploading and downloading

Edit : Thanks roland but i think i will pass on this one Hotspot Shield i dont want to hide my ip for p2p and also dont want any ads
    Last edited by mike160; 03-20-2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mike160 View Post
    i thought you could get ban for useing app's like this that hide your ip when useing torrents sites is ant this considered some way of cheating
    It's proxies that trackers have issues with. VPNs are mostly OK, but if you use a free one you may appear as a dupe account if someone else is doing the same.

i dont want this for hideing my ip from torrents just realy for surfing the internet anon-sbi would this vpn you were telling me about Hostizzle would this hide my ip from p2p when uploading and downloading
    If you don't want it for torrents, why do you ask?

It would indeed hide your IP, but Hostizzle will disable your certificate if you continuously run torrents on their service. That's not what it was meant for.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    anon-sbi like i said just realy for surfing the internet dont want to be ban from any torrent sites for hideing my ip either way i would ask them first if this is ok just in case dont want then to think am cheating or i have a dupe account when am not am just trying to protect my privacy thats all
    Last edited by mike160; 03-20-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: forget to add something

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I don't know about now, but the last time I used it you could barely surf. Not to mention the ads they stuck at the top of every page. Doesn't help that people in my country use it as a solution for P2P shaping, either...
    Well I used it for Hulu streaming, like many other people and tech sites recommended so it can't be that slow.

and of course they have to monetize somehow, but just adblock the images.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    @ roland yeah that what i also want it for Hulu streaming and other sites i might not be able to access becaues of were i live and of course privacy protection from hacker and so on

Edit : i was watching some videos on youtube on how to change your ip with a router i think buying a router would be the best way to go if this is true what would be a good router to get let say from best buy that can do this
    Last edited by mike160; 03-20-2011 at 10:24 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mike160 View Post
    Edit : i was watching some videos on youtube on how to change your ip with a router i think buying a router would be the best way to go if this is true
    Heh. It doesn't work like you think.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    work how ? looks pretty simple to me on theses videos and by what i read i dont remember now were this way it realy hides your ip and it does not realy slow down your internet connection like theses free or pay vpn thats what i read dont remember now were

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMfazJWDqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZXKcBE4mw
    Last edited by mike160; 03-20-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast