Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two fundamental types of trackers

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If you hadn't noticed already, there isn't really two types of sites. 'Type one' could be interchangeable with words such as 'successful' or 'efficient', and type two could be replaced with 'not successful', 'destined to fail', 'using the protocol very inefficiently'.

If you think a successful site belongs in my 'Type Two', I'll just reword the OP until I see fit.

and before this heads into nonsense community rambling,
    -FTN has very good pretimes and it may have a good community but its not central. Many users take advantage of the smart uploader filtering and sleek browse page without ever touching 'community'
    -HDBits its at its peak right now not because of its exclusiveness, but because it has worked it way up there over the years by being functional and doing what it does best
    -UK-T had great 0day times and respectable numbers, its renowned community was hardly a crutch
    -CN: well I've never been a member so I can't speak with complete confidence, but I've always had the impression their major decisions and improvements since day 1 have been good ones, despite the questionable PR in the past. I have no idea on the stats, but its probably type one unless I've been grossly mistaken.
    -SCT - they had such a great model going, they could get away with inflating their economy with terabytes of purchased upload and the fl packs, all the while keeping their ratio model entirely meaningful. Biggest shame to see them fold, but they were probably soon to enter the legal spotlight with what they had going

There ya go, those are the 'questionable' ones, and they are all definitely in the Type One category.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 03-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    There are also two type of ppl too
    1. ppl who knows
    2. ppl who doesnt know
    and i dont think we a rocket scientist to guess our OP's type
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Di@monds View Post
    There are also two type of ppl too
    1. ppl who knows
    2. ppl who doesnt know
    and i dont think we a rocket scientist to guess our OP's type

(smily reply is always the best)
    Teh n00b.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Public trackers go into my 'type one', because afaik they don't reward you for refreshing their pages or browsing their forums.
    users will have to spend as little time as they have to on the site,
    Contradicting ??

And tracker reward users 2 refresh page? Lemme try.. Refreshing Refreshing Refreshing... Still Now reward 2 me

I m guessing by browse forum of MAJORITY of tracker u mean licking each other a$$?
    Minus Tutorial section (which has 85% CCP content) majority of post include +1 +2...
    What r u listing, Rate last movie watched etc in which no one give sh!t about previous poster.

On Any Day For me
    hobby sites that are run based on emotion >>>> run like a business

If you hadn't noticed already, there isn't really two types of sites. 'Type one' could be interchangeable with words such as 'successful' or 'efficient' and type two could be replaced with 'not successful', 'destined to fail'
    FIXED
    Last edited by Cut-Copy-Paste; 03-20-2011 at 02:46 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, PtN loves you too TSOL. Happy 3rd birthday to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    -CN: well I've never been a member so I can't speak with complete confidence, but I've always had the impression their major decisions and improvements since day 1 have been good ones, despite the questionable PR in the past. I have no idea on the stats, but its probably type one unless I've been grossly mistaken.
    Aside from the donation begging they were doing well before the crash. Having to start over again with zero torrents is tough, and they're asking for donations again... idk how much longer it'll last.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Struck a nerve?

Anyway I guess the thread has more merit than I first thought because it highlights the different reasons that people belong to bt trackers. Some see them as a simple resource ( probably the healthiest approach) while others look at them as being more a hobby.
    I wildly fluctuated between the two but on the whole I agree with Cut-Copy-Paste that something that the creators care about ,however successful or unsuccessful , is always going to be "better" ( take that anyway you want) than cold, callus efficiency.
    Of course I'm basically content to live without anything but a bit of caring so maybe I'm not the best to judge .
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Aside from the donation begging they were doing well before the crash. Having to start over again with zero torrents is tough, and they're asking for donations again... idk how much longer it'll last.
    Well then I stand corrected...

I can't remember one staff decision that improved tracker side. Paraphrasing Sgt. Major, 'the onus is entirely on users for not snatching more and fixing the stale activity that leads to slow speeds and non-seeded torrents'.

I will respect/like you but I'm still gonna call it how it is regardless. Three years and the pirate bay is still faster on most releases, minus the minute number of random torrents are still hosted by their uploaders seedboxes. Yes, plodding on sure means anything at all. Yes, community on a tracker that is almost exclusively made up of users who have felt the need to sign up on forums revolving around asskissing and climbing the tracker ladder can be a good one
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 03-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Sgt. Major is a wank .He used to be a well spoken if insincere level hunting wank, now he's a staff wank but I think the important thing to note is that he's still a wank.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Struck a nerve?

Don't worry, PtN loves you as well Idol
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast