Thread: Dj Recording Softwear

does anyone know how to record from my decks to my computer
    i'm trying to make a cd

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yes I do. Look for Soundforge, sorry I dont have a hash for it.
    When you get that, you can just hook your decks up to your soundcard and record a full live set for as long as you want (depending on the size of your hard drive). ALso if you make any mistakes in you mix or anything you can edit them out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yea soundforge is good, also try wavelab.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Soundforge is good but very expensive. Also be carefull when connecting DJ equipment to your soundcard, you may damage your soundcard if settings are not correct.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by [email protected]@9 November 2003 - 23:12
    Soundforge is good but very expensive. Also be carefull when connecting DJ equipment to your soundcard, you may damage your soundcard if settings are not correct.
    just use the record out from your mixer to the line in on the sound card, i've done it many many times,
    we had this

hooked up to a soundblaster16 and never had a prob using soundforge. You should be able to find a copy on here real easy and all the other bits you need.
    Good luck man,
    BTW what kinda stuff do you dj?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Just get Acid & Cool edit pro. Other programs are either limited in quality, options and features, or too complicated to use.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by [email protected]@9 November 2003 - 15:12
    Damn! Paying for a program what a strange idea

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by leonidas@10 November 2003 - 01:46
    Just get Acid & Cool edit pro. Other programs are either limited in quality, options and features, or too complicated to use.
    IMO soundforge is better than cooledit, and its easy to use. cooledit is ok too tho. try them both for free, just click the search tab, hehe