Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackcats-Games Paypal Issues

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Obviously English is not stoi's native language...cause even though that post on the main page was 2 pages long...I didn't understand anything....
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 03-21-2011 at 10:06 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Wtf are you talking about ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Uhh, go to blackcats-games.net, and check out the front page....hence the topic of my thread, and content of my first post

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Last edited by fstemon; 03-21-2011 at 10:27 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    can you copy paste the news here, so I can read it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitUser View Post
    can you copy paste the news here, so I can read it.
    I ask for the same. I'm not a member on BCG, and I'd like to see what you're talking about, EyeCandy.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by blackcats
    Show/Hide Mar-21-11 - Paypal Problems, prize draw, and we need your help - (stoi)
    long version and comments http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum...howtopic=48689

general gist of this.

1: Paypal email, as we accept donations, to provide proof we are a charity, tax returns, bank statements etc, but as we are not a charity, impossible to do, if we dont within 7 days, the account could be restricted/closed.

2. Moment of panic, after receieving email, sent the hosts cash for 2 months server fees, up until June 1st (so at least the site should be safe till then) but this did mean paying it with what I had planned for the prize raw amount, luckily i never put an amount on the prize draw yet, but as you can imagine thats back down to 0 (it will still get drawn, and we didnt have enough in to draw it anyway, and now i have 0 in paypal with paying 2 months server fees)

3. It would be advisable if you didnt donate for a week or 2, you still can if you wish (or donate on the blog, more of this in a minute) but you wont get the benefits on the blog (and there isnt a donate link yet anyway, but there will be), its just incase they do close the account, which is a worst case scenario.

4: the blog can be found http://www.blackcats-games.net/blog/ It is integrated to the tracker, but you do need to to logout of the tracker, log back into the tracker, go to the blog and log in to that as well, but it should remember your pass from the tracker, we need lots of entries as it needs to look like its been up for 7 years (and we have about 4 days to make it look like that.

5. Blog entries and comments do not need to be essays, but also they need to be a bit more than 1000 entries by the same member of +1, so try to get creative.

6. No mention at all of P2P, Filesharing, Bittorrent, Trackers, Modded consoles, etc etc, try to keep the blogs as legit as you can please, if paypal do go snooping in them deeper, i dont want them to find something they can close our account down for.

7. The blog is a dummy site which we will lead paypal to, they wont see the tracker and the forum at all, we obviously will not be opening up for a bit either because of this. (but it wont be closed forever).

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps out with this, it is quite a big task, but with 38,000 tracker members, I am sure we can do it.

PS: this probably turned out to be a longer read than the forum thread.
    long version and comments http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum...howtopic=48689

general gist of this.

1: Paypal email, as we accept donations, to provide proof we are a charity, tax returns, bank statements etc, but as we are not a charity, impossible to do, if we dont within 7 days, the account could be restricted/closed.

2. Moment of panic, after receieving email, sent the hosts cash for 2 months server fees, up until June 1st (so at least the site should be safe till then) but this did mean paying it with what I had planned for the prize raw amount, luckily i never put an amount on the prize draw yet, but as you can imagine thats back down to 0 (it will still get drawn, and we didnt have enough in to draw it anyway, and now i have 0 in paypal with paying 2 months server fees)

3. It would be advisable if you didnt donate for a week or 2, you still can if you wish (or donate on the blog, more of this in a minute) but you wont get the benefits on the blog (and there isnt a donate link yet anyway, but there will be), its just incase they do close the account, which is a worst case scenario.

4: the blog can be found http://www.blackcats-games.net/blog/ It is integrated to the tracker, but you do need to to logout of the tracker, log back into the tracker, go to the blog and log in to that as well, but it should remember your pass from the tracker, we need lots of entries as it needs to look like its been up for 7 years (and we have about 4 days to make it look like that.

5. Blog entries and comments do not need to be essays, but also they need to be a bit more than 1000 entries by the same member of +1, so try to get creative.

6. No mention at all of P2P, Filesharing, Bittorrent, Trackers, Modded consoles, etc etc, try to keep the blogs as legit as you can please, if paypal do go snooping in them deeper, i dont want them to find something they can close our account down for.

7. The blog is a dummy site which we will lead paypal to, they wont see the tracker and the forum at all, we obviously will not be opening up for a bit either because of this. (but it wont be closed forever).

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps out with this, it is quite a big task, but with 38,000 tracker members, I am sure we can do it.

PS: this probably turned out to be a longer read than the forum thread.

Show/Hide Mar-15-11 - Japan Earthquake and Tsunami - (justincase)
    We at Blackcats-Games would like to extend our hearts to all those in Japan affected in anyway by the recent earthquake and tsunami. What i've seen of it has been unbelievable and almost surreal. We hope that all of our Japanese cat brethren are safe and sound.

We have also been asked about our Staff members located in Japan, TSFTD and Pezby, and are extremely relieved to report that they are both alright.

Discussion on the matter can be found here: http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum...opic=48639&hl=

Take care, everyone.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    What I understood: apparently their PayPal account will be closed if they don't provide proof of being something other than a game piracy tracker. Therefore, they've opted to disguise the site as a gaming blog, and they have four days to make it look like said blog has been online for seven years, with no mentions of P2P, torrents, modded consoles or anything "dubious" whatsoever.

Also, the staff's hearts go to the people affected by the recent Japanese tsunami.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Maybe they should just open a new account.

When/how did paypal catch on anyway?.
    Last edited by roland; 03-22-2011 at 12:35 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They can go to Alertpay / fundrazr.com / plimus.com
    Hell, there are too many to go after. if paypal closed, go after fundrazr.com, they are best for torrent sites think.

Hope BCG owner solve the issue soon and keep the great tracker online.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast