Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    HP

No "just scan" feature, minimal resolution support, an LCD that started burning in 15 minutes images after the first week that's gotten progressively worse.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #92
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rejectOfAllah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Sounds like your company needs to get an obvious signal issue sorted out/investigated. I work for a company where nearly everyone has iPhone 4s with no such trouble at all.

What network are you with?

Edit: I'm not a massive fan of Apple products btw. I think they make a good product but they're too expensive. My next upgrade will be an Android as was my recent tablet purchase.
    We're all on Vodaphone... except one bloke who is on Orange... and his iPhone suffers the same problems.

TBH I'm not arsed who makes the technology I have, as long as it actually works... like I said the iPhone 4 is a nice enough gadget, but it's just no good as a phone... at least not in my experience. It's re-enforced my view that traditional companies produce better products. So if you want a digital camera, buy it from a camera manufacturer, not a computer company. If you want a mobile phone, you'll be better off with one from a mobile phone company, than with one from a computer company... etc, etc...
    Well the issue you have appears to be fixed in the U.S. thanks to Verizon.

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...=1#post3608422

Do you have the fully sick case that Apple rolled out to fix the issue?

edit:

Also read this: http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-...k#.Tlkc2WtGQxE

then view this: http://www.allthatisapple.com/wp-con.../08/Steve1.jpg

Those damn soap mags scooped to a new low!
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 08-28-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Lounge   -   #93
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing.
    Well, lad that's a bit of a misleading statement. Obviously,Apple produces appealing toys. It matters not the reason for their appeal -- It's there.

The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well
    I've had an iPhone. I enjoyed the quality of it's OS and its apps store (for sheer quantity and overall quality) I currently use a DroidX and I enjoy the Android market, and the idea of letting devs put their apps on the market, right away. However, the quality and quantity of the apps on the Android market need to improve.

I use what products works for me. It's simple, really.

Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well

Phone sex!

-doobs
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 08-28-2011 at 04:34 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #94
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Well, lad that's a bit of a misleading statement. Obviously,Apple produces appealing toys. It matters not the reason for their appeal -- It's there.
    I don't think it's misleading in the context I used it. I started off the tone for the devices to have little to no appeal and presented the app acceptance policies as being counter to their goal, thus no extra appeal added. I'm sympathetic to the developer's plight with this device. Sure the money's nice, but between Objective C and censorship, it's pretty fucking ridiculous.

Now since I am well oriented with computing and technology, the friends/family like to use me as a resource to help with issues. Usually I'm fine with it, but having to deal with fucking Apple's OS's, I'm fucking done with that. If anyone asks me now, I either say fuck you or "sorry, I've never even seen a(n) >>>insert device here<<< before", depending on the context of my relationship with the person. But Apple has inundated the market with their tech lately, whereas before my exposure to their devices was isolated in nice controlled environments. So now I am finding myself having to be more vocal and apparent with my growing disgust with Apple to repulse the notion that I will help anyone with whatever iShit they've got. This thread is more or less a byproduct of my stance. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared enough to be such an active hater.

On top of that, I'm taken back by the prices people are paying for this crap. I actually had to go online to see the prices they charge for Macbook Pro because my friend was too embarrassed to admit how much he shelled out for his.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 08-28-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: $$$
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #95
    I think apples magnetic cover for the ipad is pretty cool. Easily the coolest thing they make. However anything with an apple OS on it, ill pass.

6. Lounge   -   #96

Now since I am well oriented with computing and technology, the friends/family like to use me as a resource to help with issues. Usually I'm fine with it, but having to deal with fucking Apple's OS's, I'm fucking done with that. If anyone asks me now, I either say fuck you or "sorry, I've never even seen a(n) >>>insert device here<<< before", depending on the context of my relationship with the person. But Apple has inundated the market with their tech lately, whereas before my exposure to their devices was isolated in nice controlled environments. So now I am finding myself having to be more vocal and apparent with my growing disgust with Apple to repulse the notion that I will help anyone with whatever iShit they've got. This thread is more or less a byproduct of my stance. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared enough to be such an active hater.
    I have empathy for you and for your dealings with the Apple OS ( and Apple policy). I use Flash often, and web development is a pain in the ass on Apple's mobile devices, because of Apple not allowing Flash on their stuff, like.

On top of that, I'm taken back by the prices people are paying for this crap. I actually had to go online to see the prices they charge for Macbook Pro because my friend was too embarrassed to admit how much he shelled out for his.
    Agreed^

-doobs
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 09-03-2011 at 04:11 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #97
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    doobie, aren't web devs moving more towards HTML5 because of the amount of people with iDevices?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Lounge   -   #98
    HTML5 will end up meeting most of one's needs; however Flash, Java, or something client based, will be needed for more complex apps.

Job's rants against Flash are flawed. He claims Flash is not secure and Apple's stack is. Well, Apple devices are jailbroken every day, via software flaws.

-doobs
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 09-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #99
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    HTML5 will end up meeting most of one's needs; however Flash, Java, or something client based, will be needed for more complex apps.

Job's rants against Flash are flawed. He claims Flash is not secure and Apple's stack is. Well, Apple devices are jailbroken every day, via software hardware flaws.

-doobs
    Actually...
    Ellipses go here.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    ^Both... actually.

-doobs

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast