Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    Apple is not a good brand. It is a popular brand. There is a difference.
    I brought this up before, but "popular" might be too nondescript a term. Apple is a religion to many that consume their merchandise at great expense.

2. Lounge   -   #122
    Wouldn't it be nice if we all knew about your obscure tech brands but most people dont.I personally dislike the Mac OS but I see why people stick to it.they are used to it.one of the reasons I can't switch over to a Mac.and their are advantages to being popular in the tech department.i have never used another tablet but from what I see others don't have the software to match the specs.its because all the developers go to what's popular.Who wants to use something that won't even use it's full potential?not saying that these other tablets are not good.but for now they are being used for their full potential.

3. Lounge   -   #123
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    "Obscure tech brands". You just applied that label to Lenovo, Zune/Microsoft, and Nokia. Are you sure this is the right kind of argument to bless with your presence?
    Ellipses go here.

4. Lounge   -   #124
    Maybe in the future we will all be using other OS's that are better.but it would take years even being that its better.I won't even use anything newer then windows xp.just like people won't switch from Mac.point being, people have different options on what makes a device great.sometimes it's just convenient to follow your brand.

5. Lounge   -   #125
    You know your logic doesn't hold when Apple itself was on the verge of bankruptcy 15 years ago, only to have a market cap of $500b today.

People like change. People like good change. It's why Apple was successful incrementally every time they did something right. It's why Motorola was successful in 1981, Apple in 1984, and I can list hundreds more examples.

If Google actually releases its glasses hardware this year, I promise you, they will be mass adopted.
    Ellipses go here.

6. Lounge   -   #126
    But when apple does it, They do it by creating a whole new catagory.creating new users that don't have to be mind fucked by switch their device.I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.

7. Lounge   -   #127
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.
    mp3 players were out well before the ipod, tablets were out before the ipad, some of us don't wait to get out information from a marketing department.

8. Lounge   -   #128
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    But when apple does it, They do it by creating a whole new catagory.creating new users that don't have to be mind fucked by switch their device.I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.
    What? Apple invented fuckall. Before the iPod there were the Diamond Multimedia Rio PMP and the Eiger MPMan. Before the iPad there were a bunch of HP/Lenovo touch tablets, and Palm/Blackberry touch PDA's. Apple has always had their way paved for them.

That they are capable of jumping on the right bandwagon at the right time is a gift. But Apple (as far as I know) is not accredited with any original design patents. Just iteratives.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Lounge   -   #129
    Their success lies in the ability to get a bunch of halfwits to believe these alternate realities. I see a man standing around that we can't trust Obama because he's an Arab muslim and think, what an idiot. Apple sees that same guy and thinks, easy money.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Lounge   -   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Their success lies in the ability to get a bunch of halfwits to believe these alternate realities. I see a man standing around that we can't trust Obama because he's an Arab muslim and think, what an idiot. Apple sees that same guy and thinks, easy money.
    Apparently: Ive, Apple's main industrial designer, is always accredited with great design. I recently heard a story about him trying to pass light through Aluminium in an effort to make a neater looking product when it came to Macbooks. What physics?
    Ellipses go here.