Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ViPMusic is done for :(

Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Saw this when I logged in a few minutes ago:

"Its with big sadness that we in staff have decided to close ViPmusic forever. The reason for closing is that we have all come to a part in life where we don't have the time and interest anymore to run the site. When ViPmusic was first started we were a tight group with loads of crazy ideas and the site was fastly recognised as the Mp3 site with fastest pre and biggest collections out there.

During the years a lot has changed for all involved afk we have all gotten older meaning that we are not just some kiddies with loads of free time anymore, instead we are now all college and university students or having a job and family that requires our time instead of ViPmusic. During the years of running ViPmusic alot of other trackers evolved, when we started ViPmusic almost no other trackers had an mp3 section. But since then a lot has changed, today almost all major trackers have an mp3 section that is permanently free leech. This has created a lack of interest from the once so big user base. In 2006 when site was at its peak we had over 25k active members everyday today its only about 1000ppl using the site.

This is a sign to us that there is almost no interest and probably not any need for a scene mp3 only tracker in the year of 2011.

In the future, MP3 releases as well as those from other music categories, will be auto uploaded on XXXXXXX and invites will be sent out to all members.

Thanks for all the time everyone has spent here on ViPmusic,
    Your Staff"

Well, they are right, they were awesome at one point.. and the collections there were massive as far as scene mp3 collections go. I think it was that DNS issue they suffered towards the end of 2010 that did them in... I still have some packs I am trying to leech 100% for months now that will now never finish. Oh wells, I wish the staff the best with their future doings.

Kinda bummed they didn't give an end date or to tell us to all connect and leech what we want and finish the downloads. I haven't checked my email yet, so maybe I'll end up eating my words, but the main message on the front of the site doesn't mention anything like that. I couldn't find one post in the forums about it either, lol. Maybe they JUST put it up when I first logged on.
    Last edited by Chief_Garbonzo; 03-24-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: removed link for privacy - added a rant
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sad to see them go. Looks like the last couple of years wasn't good for Scene music trackers. SoftMP3 died, SceneSound died, FileMP3 is pretty much a forum with three torrents, MP3Scene died, and now this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    still looking BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    This is bullcrap

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    R.I.P ViPMusic ...
    Moderator in the Biggest Bulgarian Electronic Music Forum

True house music is an instrument of God and if this instrument is used wisely, it can change your soul. This is true house music.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Burn in the hell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Scene only music trackers are doomed these days, the demand is simply not there / enough. There is that behemoth what.cd (and waffles), and there are numerous general 0day trackers with a large scene music selection, some even freeleech like SCC. Between those, the niche is simply not big enough for a tracker to survive in the long run.

A pity really, but this also says a lot about the shift to P2P as far music is concerned. The scene made themselves (more or less) obsolete with their retarded quality limitations and lack of flexibility. Just remember how long it took them to allow and support VBR encoding, not to mention lossless formats. Movies is next I reckon - scene only movie trackers will find it increasingly difficult in future, too.

Whatever, R.I.P. Vipmusic.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    @ShipWreck

If scene feels that sticking to old fashion limitations is going to kill p2p tracker it would any time do it. And if till now you havent release Scene is all about archives and not quality. Blaming Scene for killing a tracker is just Retard.

@Daniel

yes very important post that was.

RIP V.I.P
    Gone for Infinite Period

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Erm. You seem to have missed the point completely. The scene offers a product that has lost a lot of its attractiveness over the years, for various already mentioned reasons. So if a tracker offers that increasingly unattractive product exclusively, it's just a matter of time before the popularity of the tracker vanishes, too. It's the content, stupid.

A number of scene music trackers dying in recent years just confirms that, it's not like vipmusic is the first. Reality isn't retarded, denying it is.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    "Its with big sadness that we in staff have decided to close ViPmusic forever. The reason for closing is that we have all come to a part in life where we don't have the time and interest anymore to run the site. When ViPmusic was first started we were a tight group with loads of crazy ideas and the site was fastly recognised as the Mp3 site with fastest pre and biggest collections out there.

During the years a lot has changed for all involved afk we have all gotten older meaning that we are not just some kiddies with loads of free time anymore, instead we are now all college and university students .......
    What a bunch of nimrods .

It is fair to say that they no longer have the ( time or ) interest in maintaining their site anymore but to insinuate the "maturity " of being 20 or the demands of post secondary education ( drinking excessively only kills the 2 of the 7 days in the week ) are the reasons - not to mention basically slurring the majority of their members
    we are not just some kiddies with loads of free time anymore
    in the process, is pretty classless .
    Oh course expecting class from teens who created a website in ( no doubt ) an effort to be cool is probably asking too much.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    This goes back to my ideas, of all sites merging. Glad to see them go. Next I want to see Trancetraffic go. I need more peers at what.cd

Also, I clicked on the link where they are auto-uploading torrents....it is a torrent site where you have to donate 10 euros to get invited to the site...what the @$@#$

In the era of individuality and divisions trackers Heaventracker and Polishsource decided to go against the current prevailing trend by combining forces and creating a joined tracker called Heavensource.org.
    See, even that site, where torrents are being uploaded to, approves my idea of merging torrent site..
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 03-24-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast