Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "We're Going International!" - BTN

waffler's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    We're Going International! - posted 6 hours and 56 minutes ago

BTN is proud to announce the launch of International Torrents \o/ - Effective immediately, BTN now tracks non-English content!

This is strictly an opt-in addition to BTN, and for those of you that are not interested you don't need to change or do anything differently, BTN will continue to work for you the same as it has previously.

However for those of you excited at the prospect of access to a wide range of wonderful shows from other cultures read on!

There are some new rules covering Foreign (Non-English) Packs and Episodes, and we'll be releasing some new Knowledge-base how-to guides showing you how to correctly upload, search and download Foreign content very shortly. We've also designed a new subtitle system allowing people to link off-site external subtitles in other languages. You can enable Foreign Content by default in your user-profile, or on-the-fly by selecting it in the torrent-browse/search page.

Initially we'll be relying on our members to provide content, this is a great way to share some favorites from your own countries, gain a lot of upload GB and of course those sometimes hard to get snatches. Don't forget, when you upload you're the sole seeder, so full under-seeding bonus multipliers will apply!

P.S along with Foreign Torrents, we now have a section to add subtitles under each torrent and a foreign forum section for users to speak their native tongue with others.

//BTN Staff
    So, fellow FST members, what do you think about this ?
    Last edited by man_utd; 03-24-2011 at 12:39 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Now that they allow non-english content, they could start banning some countries.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Good for them for allowing more content? What else needs to be said?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Usenet Dinosaur
    More content sounds great, especially if it ends up being truly international--with shows from continents other than North America and Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I vote to ban Egypt.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_30 View Post
    I vote to ban Egypt.
    I vote 2 ban Daniel 30. People with me raise hand

PS: u r half elite now with 137 post.
    Gone for Infinite Period

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    PS: u r half elite now with 137 post.
    More like ~9.75% elite. Half elite would be 668.5 posts. If you want to know how to make half a post, ask those new users whose ultimate goal is getting access to the invite section.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

If you want to know how to make half a post, ask those new users whose ultimate goal is getting access to the invite section.
    with ~0.01% probability of getting ur request filled? why people why?

EDIT: forgot trade section. So trades still happen? i thought most of them get stucked when it comes 2 who will Send 1st?
    Last edited by Cut-Copy-Paste; 03-26-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: A stone hitted my head
    Gone for Infinite Period

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    with ~0.01% probability of getting ur request filled? why people why?
    When stoi made his BCG Easter giveaway a year ago, FST's amount of daily posts doubled for some days. If that tells you something.

EDIT: forgot trade section. So trades still happen? i thought most of them get stucked when it comes 2 who will Send 1st?
    middleman plz
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I m convinced that Minus Few people any person with more then 4 Star Support l33t ness on FST. Maybe its someday i will also understand the importance of closing invite or making it hard to come by...
    Just curious do you think not believing in giving away invites willy-nilly in direct contrivance of the rules or at the potential expense /threat to someplace you belong to equates to being l33t?
    Never mind that most if not all of the people on FST with many posts generally as a group care less about bt than those that linger here for a brief bit in hope of wrangling an "all-important invite" out of somebody through spam insincerity and little else .
    If you want to rant at anyone for caddish behavior I strongly suggest you maybe start with those individuals instead .

Btw I to don't see the point of contrived "leetness" for the sake of security or "betterment of a site " when the reality is that the staff at many basically just use it as an excuse to do whatever/invite whoever they want .

What was the topic again?
    Oh yeah foreigners are bad so ergo BTN sux or something .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-26-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast